Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday.


Living in the Pacific Northwest can be beautiful! I love that it is so green here. Everything is green: The trees are covered in moss, the trees are always green, and the grass hardly ever dies in the summer. But lately, well over the last two springs, we skipped spring. Even though everything is blooming and looks just gorgeous, the constant rain is putting a damper on it and we miss the first warm rays of sunshine, taking pictures of the girls in front of blooming flowers. Things like that. And this damper often expands to me, and I am grumpy. I mean how much rain can a person take?

This morning I woke up with a cold. How that sucks! I was lying there, my head felt at least twice its normal size. I had my day all planned out already. My older daughter doesn’t have school today, so we are going to go swimming after we pick up her sister from school. Well, lying in bed feeling like crap, and thinking about having to do anything just doesn’t sound like fun. 

DH missed his train to work and decided to drive; he was leaving me alone mostly. A few times he asked if I wanted him to stay home. Hell yes! But not when he asks in the most oh-my-god-do-I-have-to-voice. That alone will get me to survive without him.

Then he starts stomping through the house all grumpy, and I realized he was feeling guilty because he knew I wanted him to stay, and he really wanted to go to work. Well with his history of not wanting to work (when he was unemployed he went through a phase of not wanting to make any companies any more money), I realized that I had to make sure he understood that I am good enough to survive without him. This is the first time I realized why he is grumpy every single time I am sick. I always thought it was rude of him to react that way just because I am sick. 
Well, I think ttwd has helped me see his side of things more often. It has helped me understand him better, and to not open my mouth and just blurt out things without thinking first. And I did. I told him I can handle myself, and to not worry. This way, I will probably get some pampering out of him tonight, and I can suck it up long enough for that! Maybe I will even get a movie for when the kids are in bed!
Now I am trying to finish my homework to enjoy the rest of this day with my children. I hope you guys feel better than I do this morning!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are sick. I live in the Northeast, so once that rain leaves you it hits me. I'm just as tired of it as you are. Hope you get lots of pampering and feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and thank you. Sorry for sending our rain your way....:D

      Delete
  2. Aw, I hope you feel better, Julia! I think it's so great that you are gaining a better understanding of the reasoning behind some of his actions, I'm glad ttwd is helping you with that. And I'm sure his pampering will feel that much better tonight because you helped him out today by letting him go to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! He came home early. How sweet is that!?

      Delete
    2. Awww, adorable!! I love it, how sweet! I hope you had a great night together :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope you got through the day okay. Spring and summer colds are the worst. It just seems wrong. It's also neat how you were sensitive to your hubby's feelings. Interesting how we grow that way.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!