Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I heart the thrift store!


I love browsing at any thrift store. I do it at least once a week. I never go in with the purpose of finding anything, which I think is the reason why I am so successful usually. DH can't stand the smell, but I am always amazed at the treasures I find. Like this one.
I used to skip the wooden isle because I never really found anything anyway, but I was reading somebody's blog and she found such a nice implement that I keep thinking about it now every time I enter a thrift store. And today, I guess I got lucky. Just walking around with the spoon in my hand, I noticed that this is a stinger. And I am happy to say, I didn't feel like everybody knew what I was going to do with it, like Dee did in her last post. Lol. I am still chuckling at her post.

I already cleaned it and now it is waiting in the closet.
If I could figure out how to turn the image I would. Sorry.
DH and I kind of made up this morning. I told him that I feel like he doesn't want me when I am sick, and he told me that he thought I didn't want him because I didn't cuddle him last night. Well, you can probably guess why I didn't cuddle him: I thought he didn't want me. So, once again, communication is a must!
We had a quickie and I made him late for work, but he said he was not going to leave until we had come to a good place between us. I can say that I do feel better, although still not quiet reconnected.

And this is what DH said this morning too. He feels that spanking really helps us stay connected and in sync with this dynamic we have, and when for some reason (like I am sick, or god forbid, I have my period) he can't spank me, he feels the connection slipping. I am pretty sure we will get the hang of it at some point, but meanwhile, it is kind of hard to have to keep going through the processes.

So for tonight, DH requested I wear the skirt again. I guess he really does like it. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy you are both doing better! Sometimes it's hard to keep that connection, especially because spankings are noisy, or, as you said, they don't work well when you're sick. However, there are other ways to show your submission that could work, if you so choose. Get creative ;) If you want ideas, shoot me an email! And no worries, it won't be raunchy. I just didn't want to respond with a post, to your post. hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thrift store too, I've yet to find a pervertable at one though. Guess I need to look a little harder, lol. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and that things are getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes it helps me to think what I would like to find, and then poof, its there. But usually I am not that lucky.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better Julia :) Sometimes the connection slips. For whatever reasons. The little things are great in the run back up to re-connection and for me, a spanking seals the deal kinda thing, due to its absolute intimacy.
    I see you've been shopping :) Those sting too y'know! Hehe!

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yeah I already just tried it walking through the store on my hand, and I can see that it will really sting! :D

      Delete
  4. LOL, the wonders of communication huh?

    Nice little stinger you found there! Dee gave me a good giggle too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, communication is amazing...lol.

      Delete
  5. I have yet to include the classic wooden spoon. Hope you have a fun time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good find! I just never think to hit up thrift stores, but I have a friend who swears by them too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!