Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ready. Set. Go. Camping.

This weekend was amazing! It was so long too that I feel like I don't know what to do with myself now that DH is not here. He was home last Thursday and worked from home, and just went back to work this morning.

Having him home that long reminds me of him being laid off and being home all the time, except when he is home now, we enjoy every second of each other, and plus, we don't have to worry financially like we used to. I feel very lucky and happy today.

Here is to an awesome week!
Speaking of awesome week, we are going camping for the first time this weekend with our kids of course. I have a lot of work to do this week, but feel so unmotivated, like I don't know where to start!

So, help me out! Please leave me a comment with something you always forget, so I won't! :D

10 comments:

  1. for camping?
    Insect Repellent. I ALWAYS forget. Then suffer after that.
    Oh, and put new batteries in the flashlight / torchlight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I did think of batteries but not the bug spray.

      Delete
  2. Julia, I am so happy to read you had such a nice weekend and several days together.
    I am not a camping kind of girl so I don't know if I can help much. But, extra bags for trash and dirty clothes. Snack food. Sun Screen. Your own pillow? Good Luck and of course -have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget a broom. It's awful to have to reset up your tent once you get home in order to sweep it out.

    No matter what anyone tells you about it being wimpy, take your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. Would have totally forgotten that.

      Delete
  4. Julia, I'm so glad you had a great weekend! And have a wonderful time camping!! I've never been either so I don't have any tips. I'd just say bring bug spray, a fleece for nighttime, and maybe some granola bars in case you don't catch any fish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sunblock, I second the bug repellent, extra TP because you never know (even if it's a camping ground), matches, and water. Oh, I don't know how you're cooking. But if you're going to use your pans over the fire, put dish soap on the bottoms of them. Then when they're cool you just wipe the black smoke residue off. Definitely don't forget any medicine or allergy medicine for those who may suffer.

    Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extra TP is a great suggestion. And I have no idea about the cooking yet either. so I guess I shouldn't forget soap. Man I better start making a list!

      Delete
  6. For camping I always seem to forget hairbrushes and extra hair ties and deodorant. When we plan a trip now, I buy some new deodorant so it can go in the bag before the morning we're leaving so I don't have to try to remember to throw it in there after I put it on in the morning.

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!