Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day


June is DH's favorite month. When he was younger, several good things happened to him over the course of a few years, always on June 7th. His second child from previous marriage was born just minutes passed midnight on June 8th. He likes to think that his ex did it on purpose to spite him, but having gone through labor, I really don't think so. This year, June seems to be even bigger. His last child with his ex wife turned 18, and she graduated just last week. We are done paying child support for that one (we refer to her (ex wife) that way because we don't want to invoke her name...Harry Potter anyone?). A huge accomplishment for us. Plus this weekend is Father's Day, and June supposedly also means Summer will be here at some point.

Needless to say, DH had very high expectations about June, about paying off his ex wife, never seeing her again, or ever having to talk to her again. And honestly, he deserves to be done with her. To finally close that chapter of his life that so obviously was not good. Having to pay child support really didn't let him finish that chapter of his life. Now he can. I think he kind of realized that this morning, and is a little overwhelmed.

I think these feelings of being overwhelmed are still cling-ons from his depression. He would totally loose sight of everything, and I would have to talk him down, while he was sitting in his car at work. Today, was a little reminder of those times. He called me, and I talked him down. But while I was talking to him, I realized that he would probably spank me tonight. Not because I had done something, but because he will most likely need to reconnection and even assurance. And I am looking forward to it. I am excited! I love the fact that I can make him feel that way. I love that it is not just about me talking him down anymore, but that I can provide (or my ass) such a relief to him.

While I was talking to him, we talked some more about his exwife, who we, of course, saw at the graduation ceremony with her new husband. Not so new anymore, but I had never met him before. And I can't say I have met him now either. I mean, to some degree, we share a family. To some degree at least. And this guy didn't have the balls to step toward me or DH, stick out his hand and introduce himself. Making me realize, that, jeez, what a man. What kind of a man would do that? Well not an HoH. That is for sure. I am so lucky to have found DH, and not some guy who doesn't even have the balls to introduce himself to his stepchildren's father and stepmother.

You guys ever think that about people you meet? How relieved you are that you are not like them? That you can't even imagine being married to such a guy? I know I sound mean, but we have spend a lot of our money on that one, and have gotten a lot of crap from her that I am not going to get into.
It all boils down to: Ex-Wife! And we are done!

As a disclaimer, I don't have anything against people who are divorced and are ex-wives. It is just this one.

10 comments:

  1. I ran into my first love (or first sexual experience which at the time I thought was the same thing) about 4 years ago. He was at my neighbors fixing their cable. I remember thinking...Oh thank you Lord that didn't work out. I also remember thinking some people never leave high school. I was pleased life turn out the way it has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also thought first sexual experience meant first big love. Not so much. Glad it worked out for you. :D

      Delete
  2. I bumped into my first bf (also my first sexual experience whom i thought meant my first love like @Kat says) and was SOOO glad WE didn't work out either. He was married, 3 kids, seemed like he couldn't handle things and he looked at me as if I was the devil incarnate. Then went on to complain to mutual friends that I didn't come up to him to say hi and introduce myself to his wife. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the devil incarnate. I bet he was missing the live without kids. Lol. That is too funny. Poor guy in some way..

      Delete
  3. Julia, I am happy that this chapter is closing for you and DH. Little strange that he did not introduce himself. Family dynamics can be strange at times. But, you guys seem on a good/great path and so I hope Father's Day will be great for DH and your weekend in general. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, family dynamics are weird. I mean, can't even say difficult, mostly just weird!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. That's a good point, paying child support and never being able to finish that chapter in his life.

    I guess it was a constant reminder of his ex, must not have been easy for either of you.

    I hope this June is a great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      We hadn't really realized it either until time came to not pay this time. If that makes sense.

      Delete
  5. You both should feel very good that you "provide relief". So sweet that term. It sounds like you've both worked hard through so much and he can come home and spank you. Connection, freedom, lusty joy, you've earned that. Good things do happen to good people.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!