Thursday, August 30, 2012

How you doing?

Every weekday morning, I get an email around the same time from DH. He always sends me one first thing when he gets to work, and I really just sit here (if I have the time) and wait for it. Just so I know he is safe. This morning, as I was driving him to the train, DH looked at me, and said:
We used to love watching Friends together, so he started asking it like that usually when he had some really good sex the night before. And we did. It involved some nakedness, some spanking, fingering, the whole thing. Mhhhh. Very hot sex!
But this morning, I answered: "Okay."
I could see my husband's red warning lights going off above his head.
"Why? What?"
My nephew is leaving today. He has been with us for five weeks now, and we are even thinking about offering for him to live with us permanently. So this summer was about seeing if it would work, because he is a handful. But DH and I both agree that we could do it, and would want to.
So I started telling him how I was feeling.
Sad that he is leaving.
Kind of happy to have just my children again. And feeling guilty because of it.
Relaxed from last night, the orgasms (oh yeah plural...).
And apprehensive because school is starting again in one week, and I don't even know what I am going to do with myself.

So, this morning, sitting here reading blogs on my blogroll, waiting for DH's email, I get this one from him:

Hello my beautiful, sensitive, beautiful, lovely, wonderful wife.
I love you.

This was exactly what I needed, just like last night. I love you DH. I love how you treasure me, and take care of me when I need it.

24 comments:

  1. Can't beat two beautifuls!;) Hope things work out the way you are hoping with your nephew...that's so generous of you and DH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! With my nephew, nothing is set in stone but we want my family to know that we are open to it, and would if everybody agrees.

      Delete
  2. Aw, how sweet Julia. Your DH sounds like a special guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww. First of all just the fact that he sends you an email every morning is so sweet my teeth hurt. Definitely a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to write pretty much what Dee said. Very Sweet. I LOVE when my husband send me a text throughout the day and I try to do the same. It REALLY lifts my spirts. When the person you love showers you with affection then that is something money can never buy. I love it and I am glad for you, too:) Hope it is a nice long weekend for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, whenever I get something from him, I always feel better, can focus better on what I am doing, it is kind of weird, but works for us!
      I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  5. Oh Julia that is so very sweet!!!! What a nice message to get when you were feeling so sad. I hope that you have shaken off some of the guilt. It sounds like you are in a tough spot as far as decisions go. Hope that you have a relaxing (more orgasms?) weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addy! And I hope for some relaxing this weekend too, DH has been working a lot lately, logging into work at home really cuts into our evening!

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet man you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was very nice! What a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very lucky girl. I am sorry you are having so many mixed emotions, it will get better. Transition can be hard for me too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mixed emotions are hard to deal with I think, because I have to figure out exactly what I am feeling. But I just heard from my sister and my nephew arrived safe and sound!

      Delete
  9. That's so sweet! Although "How you doin?" in my house is code for "hey are you interested in a little nookie?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, for us it is the other way around. Always after, accompanied mostly by a swagger, and having trouble fitting through doorways...

      Delete
  10. I remember watching friends, now my kids love the re-runs!
    My husband and I were asked to take in his nephew when he was into an extremely dangerous life. We couldn't put our young kids in danger, but we helped in other ways. Such a conflicting and emotional time.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome. he sounds like a wonderful sweet wonderful lovely man :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!