Monday, August 27, 2012

I want to take you to Paradise!

I had gotten so used to our house being full, I am having a hard time deciding what I want to write about now that I don't need to complain about no maintenance anymore. I guess spanking really did take a step back in our lives. We did talk about it, and we did do it, but not like we have been able to do it in the last week again. I feel like I remember these spankapades.
DH moved our maintenance to Saturday, which works  great for us, although we had chosen Sunday because it is the night before a new week starts, and I kind of really liked that. But since we can now have spankapades again, I am sure I will feel very connected again on a regular basis.
My nephew from Germany is leaving this week, and I am trying to figure out how I feel about it, but I have come to the conclusion that it is okay to have two very different opinions and thoughts on the subject. On the        one hand I am looking forward to just my children, on the other, I wish he would stay with us. DH has been very good dealing with me though, he is here for me, listens to me, and really just supports me. He comes home after working all day, and helps me put them to bed, because I am simply to exhausted.  I am so lucky!
This weekend we took my nephew to Mt. Rainier. Mt. Rainier is a 14,000 foot volcano that dominates the landscape south of Seattle. The trip was long, lots of winding roads, kids tired of being in the car, constantly having to stop to go to the restroom. I was pretty much done with the trip by the time we were almost to the park. I told DH so too.

"We can just take a few pics and go you know...." As in, Oh god, get me out of this car and home alone...
"But I want to take you to Paradise!" I turned to him, and he looked directly at me. His love, confidence, and simple HoHness shot straight into me, and I felt a surge of energy. It was amazing. A true moment of him leading.
We didn't end up going all the way up to Paradise because all of Seattle had decided today was the day, and it was packed up there! But we still had a great time, and managed to get in a great bbq when we got home!



Here is to a great week with lots of spankapades for everybody!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip, its amazing how they can change our outlook with a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are amazing. Happy to hear you'll be benefiting from future spankapades...... :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Julia. Corny as it may sound, as long as you have each other, you can find paradise in your own home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cowgirl! And I do agree with you on finding paradise at home!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are gorgeous, wow! I'm glad you managed to have a good time even if it was a little iffy in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did, and I always love looking at pictures after.

      Delete
  5. I've been to Paradise! I laughed when I realized what you were talking about. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics Julia:) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the term spankapades! And I love that you got to enjoy some HOHy leadership!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? And that really was some awesome leading. Ahh, I love when he can assure me like that!

      Delete
  8. Hey! I am headed there this weekend - I love that you take pics of my favorite places and post them.

    I know what you mean about not knowing what to write about when there is nothing to complain about. Maybe you could describe an orgasm for fun? (Hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is very beautiful up there! And I could never describe one like you can, although I guess it feels different to everybody too, but still...

      Delete
  9. It's kinda neat how just a couple words from him turned your whole outlook around. Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I find it fascinating looking back at it now!

      Delete
  10. It is really difficult when the wonderful feelings unfolding between you and your HoH are put on hold. I am also struggling with that feeling. The problem for me, is I begin to revert to my pre-DD mind set. It is wonderful that your hubby can reset things so quickly.
    I also understand the mixed feelings about company and family. We love having them and sharing with them, but sometimes it just uses up our stamina and for me, my femininity somehow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it has been something alright. On one hand, it is super easy to get back to what we want to do, on the other hand. Not so much.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!