Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Unicorns are good for the Ego!

After my down post yesterday, I had a pretty mellow day, and just decided to not do anything significant that day. I hung out with the kids and just enjoyed their company, after all, I don't do that often enough.
So when I turned on my computer and saw all the comments I got from you guys, I had a big smile on my face, and thank you to Renee Rose for nominating me for the META Awesomest Blog Unicorn award. How sweet! Thank you for thinking of me, and thank you Rosie at Fresh 'n Wild Sassafras for mentioning me too. What a lovely bunch of bloggers I have found!

Award Rules

1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions you have about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they have been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
1. My youngest daughter has about 100 unicorns all over her room, clothes, and bed. She just loves them. I painted a giant rainbow on one of her walls so she feels its magic power when she is in her room.

2. DH called yesterday on his way to the train and told me he got a bonus on top of a bonus! He was soo happy! Before ttwd, he would always say: "You gone give me a blow job now?" And get all passive aggressive about it because of his ex-wife. Apparently any money he brought into the house, she felt the need to make disappear as quickly as possible. So whenever he said that, I would tell him I am not her and I am just happy for him. So, my new rule for him is, any bonus he gets, he gets to keep all to himself, without me making him feel bad or anything. I always make sure he knows I mean it too!

3. DH did get his blow job last night, and even finished in my mouth. Just talking about it this morning, he got hard again. :D

4.I love finding blogs that mention me. Isn't that shallow? It feels shallow, but it was just so nice to read what Rosie said: I don't usually comment because I don't know that I have anything extra to add, but I love to read this blog.  Their story is one of fairy tales, and it's like peeking into Cinderella's life after they ride off in the white pumpkin!  Life and DD may not always sit first chair in their lives, but they seem to be such a strong couple that it's wonderful to read. Isn't that just nice?

5. Our summer is over again.

6. My academic counselor called yesterday and told me I am on track to graduate with honors. Sweet!

7. I am looking for historical spanking stories. Any suggestions?

8. I drive a minivan, and can't wait for the day I don't anymore. Is that wrong?

9. After what happened in Colorado, I am a little scared to go to the movies, and I love going to see movies.

10. I almost got a spanking last night, but my step son was still roaming the yard and house, so no spankings for me. :(

Now to nominating blogs. Well. If you are on my blogroll to the left, that is because I love reading your blog! These are the blogs I always try to make it too, even if I don't really have time for blogging.
Renee Rose, Riley, Christina, Stormy, RosieDee, Conina, SNP, Tess, Kitty, and Susie!



18 comments:

  1. How cool - thank you for sending me an unicorn! It's always nice in these type of posts to learn a bit more about someone! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! I always try to get over here too. Life has been crazy lately.

    I love it when people say nice things about me too. :) I think that's just being human - enjoying being recognized as a contribution to something, knowing that your writing efforts have made an impact on someone. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah summer seems to be crazy no matter what is going on!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! They certainly are good for the ego, aren't they? I'm glad you got a little pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are, and you are welcome!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Julia once again for thinking of me. Just so nice of you and I appreciate it so much! Congrats on the bonus for DH, congrats on being on track with honors, I enjoyed the more about you. Your blog is great. You have wonderful instrument reviews, you juggle DD like a pro with lots of extra people around, and I just like the Julia I come here to read and get to know better. Many blessings to you today and always. Thanks for your friendship here in Blogland. Congrats on the Unicorn nomination. Well deserved. Regards, SNP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment SNP, that really was just nice of you! I love this community and the people I have met. At the beginning it was a bit hard to keep track of everybody's story, but it is much easier now, except when people change their wall paper for some reason. Happy consensual spanking day to you SNP!

      Delete
  5. Great post Julia, I just got a chance to read your last post, so glad you are feeling better. As for the minivan, no it's not bad to look forward to the day you don't drive it anymore. I just quit driving mine last year, after a decade of it. I love my little car now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH just read this post and said he didn't even know that about me (The van thing). I think I will feel exactly like you do about my little sporty car (my daughter is already looking forward to it too)

      Delete
  6. Aw thanks, Julia! I've really enjoyed reading your blog, as well :) And hmmm, I've always wanted to ride a unicorn. I had to settle for a horse. Womp womp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      I never wanted a unicorn, but was lucky enough to grow up with my own pony and later horse!

      Delete
  7. Sounds lovely, and neat that your daughter loves unicorns.

    I don't think it's shallow to like reading yourself mentioned in blogs. I think that most people like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess it is okay to like to read about yourself. Normal human behavior. And yes, my daughter loves anything unicorn, very cute!

      Delete
  8. Thanks Julia :)
    And no I don't think it's shallow at all. It's always lovely (and natural) to want to be 'well thought of'. For me, it's a sign of maybe being accepted? without any judgment and it encourages me to continue to blog. Yes I write for myself, but it's sooo much more enjoyable when you know people read what you write AND like it! So call me shallow :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love blogging, it helps me think about things, and it is awesome to read other people's blogs and be able to help, or to laugh with them.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!