Saturday, September 1, 2012

Change of Seasons

You know, sometimes I think our (DH and I) live together is too perfect, and I wait for the proverbial second shoe to drop. I know I shouldn't do that, its not healthy to constantly look for something bad to happen, but I can't help it. I worry. I even passed it on to my oldest daughter. She constantly worries about the cutest stuff, like what she should wear for school, or which book she should pick when we go on road trips. 
But I have to admit, after this summer, I feel like we really do deserve some quiet us time. By us I don't even mean just me and DH, but our children too. The constant guests in the house: I had my mother here, meanwhile our friends moved in, my mother left, then  my nephew arrived, my stepson moved in, and our friends left, and now my nephew is out of the picture too. Finally! It is mostly just us. And of course, DH has been working on one critical thing after another at work, working late hours all the time. Through almost all of it, we have been able to stay connected though, to have little moments here and there of just us time. 

This weekend, Labor Day weekend, signifies the end of summer, and it really does for me too. My children are returning to school this week, starting some activity in the afternoon, and I will have much more to myself again. I am a little worried I will have too much time on my hands, but is there ever such a thing? There are a lot of different things I want to try out. Which is kind of a new feeling for me. I have always been hesitant about my own accomplishments, rarely taking credit for anything. But lately, I feel more confident with who I am, with my likes, my opinions, and I feel like I value myself more. I think this is because of ttwd, this dynamic that seems so natural to us at this point. I ask his opinion, and he actually considers his answers because he knows I wouldn't ask otherwise, the way he treasures my feelings, the way he takes care of me, maintains our sexual relationship, and makes sure I get to cum whenever we have sex. And lately, I don't just cum once, but several times. 
http://www.nature-hd.com/autumn-colours-hd/
Image found at  http://www.nature-hd.com/autumn-colours-hd/

I am excited for this change of season. I feel like we really lived this summer, took advantage of it as much as it was possible. I am excited to see where this leads us in the fall. Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody. I hope you have a great long weekend with your loved ones!

19 comments:

  1. Enjoy the rest of your weekend too. Fall is beautiful with that first nip of cool air and the glorious colors as God uses his palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I hope you and DH have a great Labor Day weekend. I like fall as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. What a great feeling to be happy and satisfied with how you enjoyed your summer.
    I love each change in the seasons, whether it is the beginning of winter, spring, summer or fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel like a cat lying happy in the grass, enjoying the last rays of warm sunshine!

      Delete
  4. Autumn is the BEST! Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great long weekend. Fall is my favorite season. Only good things will happen this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, fall is mine too, I just love the colors, the hint of cold, with still warm sun...

      Delete
  6. Nice post Julia. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee, I hope you have a great rest of it too.

      Delete
  7. To a wonderful, quiet, restful fall with plenty of spare time on your hands in order to get into mischief. Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete
  8. very sweet. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always sad to see summer end, but fall is when Mother Nature shows off. :)
    Congratulations for your Dd life working so well! It is wonderful to hear of a couple so happy and in love.
    And the sex life!
    I have to admit......Ian has always been a good lover, but since we started this lifestyle.....he is .....you know - more generous than ever.
    I wasn't expecting that little side effect, but I am also loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fall and am planning on getting out more this fall than usual.
      And thank you for saying that. I really do feel like this is working out for us! Very exciting!

      Delete
  10. Really nice post, Julia. Oh, and I love that picture! I hope you and yours have a lovely start to this new season.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!