Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kirk or Picard?

Ten years ago, DH came home from work. I was alone in the house, his kids weren't there, I wasn't allowed to work in the US yet, and spent a lot of time watching TV.
"Why are you watching that?"
I turn to the TV, see Picard standing on the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise. I look at him, a little embarrassed.
"Um, well I ....."
"You like it?" Duh, I wouldn't watch it otherwise.
"Yeah sure, I grew up watching this. And it is kind of cool to watch it with the actual voices of the actors."
"I can't believe you are watching this." Wow, okay, at this point I am almost embarrassed. I mean really? Do you have to make a girl feel bad for loving Star Trek? DH turned away from the TV, toward me, sat down, and never got up again.
As it turns out, he was mostly speechless because he loves Star Trek, the original, and TNG, although he did lose interest with the other ones. I did too. So ever since, Star Trek is a must in our house.
This past Saturday morning, I was still lying in bed. There was no need to get up yet. DH had set the girls up with some cartoons, and he was sitting on the side of the bed, drinking his coffee. We got to talking, about his work, the home life, the kids, and ttwd.
Recently, DH updated/upgraded his work attire, and looks really hot. I mean, how in the world am I married to the hottest guy out there? Too bad he leaves every morning and I don't get to see him all day....
Our conversation was getting more intimate: nobody could overhear, and it seemed to be just us. We were in a world of our own. He told me about how his upgrade in clothing has made him feel more confident, to which I replied "I bet, you look hot! I especially love the belt, I keep looking at the belt, and imagining things." Oops, that is what happens when I talk before having coffee. Usually I am not that open, takes me longer to reveal something like that.
DH lifted one eyebrow like he does, "Yeah? What do you think about when you look at the belt?"
Mind as well tell him, right? I told him that I think about him coming home from work, the kids are at a sleepover, and he is displeased with me for some reason. He takes off his belt, has me lean over the table, and spanks me. Hard.

This of course led to us to figuring out why he would be spanking me.
"Why would I spank you though? Is it like role play? Am I the boss and you the secretary? Or teacher?" So I told him that in my fantasy, I think of me as not having finished something that I was supposed to. Like my homework. So no role play really. The real thing. I think he had to work on that for a bit.
We switched conversation to something light-hearted, giving him time to figure out what he thought about it. We got to Star Trek, like we usually do at some point during  a conversation, and he said:

"So you see me as a Kirk? Kind of alpha, all there, loud, impulsive." Mh, I had watched a few of the originals but by no means all of them.



"Because I see myself more as a Picard. Quiet, considerate, thoughtful, not impulsive." And I told him that Picard never has any women though. He doesn't really have a woman, but DH said "Exactly. You don't see that part." Which is true. But.
"If Picard had a woman, I see him as a strong leader. He wouldn't want anything to happen to his woman. He would be her leader, have expectations for her, set guidelines, and if she is out of line or did something that could harm herself or the crew on the ship, I see him as taking her to his quarters, and spanking her. Hard. To make sure she doesn't do anything to hurt herself or endanger anyone on his ship."


29 comments:

  1. LOL i love star trek too.

    and I see BIKSS as a picard. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to find a good video of Picard, but of course, I only found goofy ones... I had no idea I wasn't the only one to find Picard sexy!

      Delete
  2. I love Star Trek too and I think we share some fantasies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhh, interesting! I was very happy to learn though that DH got super turned on from my fantasy too.

      Delete
  3. This was fun. I love Star Trek and I completely agree about Picard. Such confidence. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby would definitely be a Picard! Love Star Trek... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I am so happy to hear that I am not the only female on this planet! :D

      Delete
  5. With Kirk....I think- not sure here, that there is an episode with him threatening or spanking some alien brat. Maybe someone knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mh, I will ask DH when he gets home!

      Delete
  6. Ian is most definitely a Picard. Ian loves Star Trek, I have never been that into it, but I noticed Captain Picard, alright. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got into it because I loved the idea of going on the Enterprise, getting away, having a life somewhere else. And maybe the men in uniforms, although I don't like them that much. But still. :D

      Delete
  7. Picard- there is something about the accent and the beautiful bald head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for me it is the accent, the way he holds back usually, reminds me of DH. I guess I do like the holding back kind. Although I don't know why, DH can be quite, laid back, and professional, but in other situations, with family for example, he is the clown of the family. Trying to make everybody laugh. Very entertaining to watch how he changes from one to the other!

      Delete
  8. You didn't know people found Picard sexy? Dear, where HAVE you been? ;)

    Kirk DID "have a woman", for the record. His musician girlfriend who finally asked for a transfer because their romance interfered with his command. Also his wife in "The Inner Light" when he lived a whole life as part of a flashback probe thing. (That wasn't supposed to make sense scientifically. ST never does.)

    Kirk would impulsively spank a woman, kiss her, and then spank her again. Then go wrestle with a Klingon. And rip his shirt.

    Picard would tell a woman off in a few terse sentences and then order her to be confined to her quarters. Then dispassionately spank her, maybe. Efficiently and painfully to make his point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GEEZ. Of course I mean PICARD "had a woman". Sorry.

      Delete
    2. Where have I been? Well in Germany, there weren't any treckies around really, so I watched it at home, never telling anyone I did so.
      But I agree with you Ana, on both Kirk and Picard!

      Delete
  9. Well, for me, it would be Spock...the brainy ones really turn me on...but if I must choose, it would be Picard...the brainy ones turn me on...lol. Kirk is just, just too...much a legend in his own mind. Your poster describes him perfectly. Kirk actually did threaten to spank a woman once in an episode called "Elaan of Troyius". Here is the dialog:

    ELAAN: You dare touch a member of the royal family?
    KIRK: Only in self-defence. Now, are you going to behave or not?
    ELAAN: The penalty is death for what you are doing.
    KIRK: We're not on Elas. We're on my starship. I command here.
    (She bites his hand and runs into the bathroom.)
    ELAAN: You are warned, Captain, never to touch me again.
    KIRK: If I touch you again, Your Glory, it'll be to administer an ancient Earth custom called a spanking, a form of punishment administered to spoiled brats.
    ELAAN: You have my leave to go.
    KIRK: You forget, Your Glory, we haven't started your lesson in courtesy.
    ELAAN: You can teach me nothing, Captain. If I have to stay here for ten light years, I will not be soiled by any contact with you.
    KIRK: Very well. I'll send in Mister Spock or Doctor McCoy. Either way, you're going to be properly prepared for Troyius. As ordered by councils, rulers, and bureaucrats.
    (She comes back out.)
    ELAAN: Captain, there is one thing you can teach me.
    KIRK: No, no, you were right the first time. There's nothing I can teach you. There's nothing you do not know.
    ELAAN: I don't know how to make people like me. I don't want everybody to hate me.
    KIRK: Well, it's not it's not that people hate you. It's just that people don't like to be treated as though they don't exist.
    (He wipes a tear from her face.)
    KIRK: It's, er, gotten very, er. Something must've gone wrong with the ventilation system.
    ELAAN: Captain?
    KIRK: Pardon me, Your Glory. There will be a short recess.
    ELAAN: Captain.
    (They kiss.)
    ELAAN: Captain, that ancient Earth custom called spanking, what is it?
    KIRK: It's, er, It's, er. We'll talk about it later.
    (He pulls her into a passionate embrace.)
    (In Engineering, Kryton finishes his task and opens a communicator.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thank you so much for posting this! Too funny! Mh, Mr. Spock is a little too emotionless for me, it would be too much work to get any information as to how he is feeling out of him, you know?

      Delete
  10. Yeah! Geek and Spanking, can't get any better than that! ;) I prefer Picard as well. I've had a few fantasies in my head thinking about him. Patrick Stewart is an amazing actor. Also, I can totally relate to the other commenter who mentioned Spock. I love the smart ones too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey fB! Yeah geek and spanking seems to be one of those things. Who knew? I do agree with you, Patrick Stewart is amazing, I just love his voice!

      Delete
  11. Ha! My husband will love this post. He's certainly not a Kirk. I'll try to remember to show it to him when he gets home from his trip and then tell you what he said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah please do. DH loved this post, he thought it was very interesting, especially the comments from all you guys!

      Delete
  12. I have to admit I never got Star Trek. We didn't have a TV when I was growing up-LET ME BE CLEAR-they did exist! I just had THOSE kind of parents-and my viewing has always been limited by too many other interests. But I completely get Picard- just from the picture here, and the comments. Made me curious-I see some Star Trek viewing in my future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, Saoirse, we had a tv but only the public channels because my mother never watched tv and didn't think she had to pay for it so the kids could. Understandable I think. Later, we got two more, and that is when I watch ST...:D

      Delete
  13. Two of my all-time favorite topics in one blog post. Nicely done! When I get home from my commute on the train - er, shuttlecraft, I'd like tea, Earl Grey, hot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia,

    GREAT post. I'm with DH... two of my most favorite topics in one big gulp. If you have a minute, check out the entry for Patrick Stewart on Wikipedia to find several interesting tidbits. He is a vastly better actor than William Shatner (although both were classically trained). Contrast Stewart's vision of his role in the two episodes "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Darmok" (or the aforementioned "Inner Light")... what a range! Shatner isn't even close. I've even seen both in person at Star Trek conventions... Stewart was alone on stage, so he came to the front and sat down with his legs over the lip and took questions from the audience.

    I'm glad I don't appear as a Kirk... I would strive to be seen as a Picard.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mischief Manager, DH here! I also admire Patrick Stewart's range as Picard; I always thought he humanized Picard whenever possible. I've never seen either at the single convention I went to, but I would love to have a conversation with William Shatner someday :) .

      Thanks for your great comment!

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!