Thursday, October 25, 2012

100th Post

So! I figure since this is my 100th post, it should be something amazing. And if I can't do amazing than at least thoughtful and personal. I can do that!
First off, thank you guys for your suggestions. DH and I have worked through this, he acknowledged that he could have handled it better than just ignoring it, and we had our first morning alone in the house since, wait for it! Anyone remember this post? In this post, I mention what could have been our last morning alone in the house for a while. I didn't realize though that it would be this long!

I know I have mentioned in comments around blog land that DH used to read Harry Potter to me when a new book came out because we had just had our first daughter, and we both wanted to read it, couldn't decide who gets to first, didn't want to buy two copies, and therefore, we settled on him reading it to me. We also saw every movie together at the midnight premiere. Some years that took more work than other, but we always managed this little tradition of ours. Harry Potter to me is a great story, well written, fascinating, I love the world it is set in, but I also love it for what it means to me and DH. He loved the stories too, but I know he indulged me in this a little. He did get into it though.

I don't know how you all feel about tattoos, but I have several, all on different body parts. They are like a road map to my life, I have a tattoo for each of my children, I have a tattoo on my back from when I was younger. This tattoo always reminds me of how young I was even though I thought I was way more mature than anyone else.
And I have the chapter stars found on the American version of the books on my ankle. These stars always remind me of the love DH and I share. Not just Harry Potter, but us, the two of us, our lives together, our children, the things we love together, things we have done together.

I don't know about you guys, but I always start thinking about my next tattoo, I start thinking about what I want it to represent, and this next one will be one just for DH. But I have no idea what yet. Our ten year anniversary is coming up, and we are thinking we want to get one together. Not one of those cheesy ones, two halfs of a whole, but something that will mean something to both of us. We have not figured it out yet....

And here, to complete the Harry Potter theme, one of my favorite songs. You don't have to watch the video, but the song is amazing! I found it once on EL James YouTube channel as a song she listened to when she wrote 50 Shades of Grey. I just love the song!



Here is to this great community of people! Without you, I don't think I would still be here!



24 comments:

  1. Congratulations - 100 posts quite an achievement. Glad you are here with us - good wishes to the next 100 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have your blog to read, good work so far, looking foward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I very much enjoy yours too!

      Delete
  3. Congrats indeed on 100 posts Julia! I enjoyed reading a little more about you and your tattoos. Glad you and DH talked and things sound better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Princess! We have. Are working on it. Working on improving communication.

      Delete
    2. I just noticed that after deleting two posts earlier, this is no longer 100. Oops!

      Delete
  4. Love the stars! I have a few too...you are so brave for posting a pic!! Congrats on the 100th post...I think it still counts even with the deletes;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I usually don't show that tattoo a lot, so its okay. My other ones, not so much!
      And you know Tess, I always figured you were a girl with some tattoos! Awesome!

      Delete
  5. What a nice post!
    Even tough it is just the 98 ;-)

    Came by after your nice reply on spankcitement...
    Were you wrote that you like to read about roleplay ;-)
    I wrote and posted the first part of our "sunday roleplay"
    Hope you like it!

    Monsieur Fessee (Spanker of Femme Fessee ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did like it! I think it is awesome that you guys actually live this out, instead of what lots of people do, which is just fantasize. Live your life everyday, that is what I think!
      DH and I dabbled in roleplay pre-kids, and I am excited to think that we might go back to that once they are older!

      Delete
    2. Dear Julia,

      So easy to recognize this. This was the second weekend we were able to go away without the children. Especialy when they are so old that they stay up almost al long as we do, then there is nearly no room for play, spanking or sex.

      In the weekend we were away in a little cottage 40 minutes driving from home, we had so much room for spanking, teasing, love and sex, and even found the time to watch a vew movies without being disturbed.

      So yes, when youre kids are older, I wish for you the room to play your roleplays again, it can be so much fun, and is surely good for your relation ;-)

      Wish for you and DH...
      time to play

      Regards, Monsieur Fessee

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the 100 posts, Julia-and on the up coming anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saoirse! Anniversary isn't until beginning of next year, but it is still approaching! So thank you.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Julia! Isn't that an exciting feeling? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its kind of weird actually. I grew up thinking I am not that interesting, and now I have (almost) 100 posts. although interesting is still up for debate...:)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on all of your postings Julia. I think I've missed quite a few. I'll have to find some time to catch up, as there are a few calling to me. ;-)
    H is very big into Harry Potter and read all of the books to the kids. I started, but then he took over one night and he was hooked. He wanted to read them more than the kids some times!
    I think tatoos are a creative expression of self, and what a bonding experience for the two of you to do something similar or related. Do share the result if you can.
    We also dabbled in role-play pre-kids. It wasn't exactly what we needed, but it was fun. We've not revisited. Dd fits our needs and is quite satisfying.
    Later? Maybe. What a great idea!
    Marriage always needs some spices and seasonings!
    Thanks for sharing the song. I really enjoyed it, and Snape was my favorite character. So complicated! Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elysia,
      That is what we are doing, slowly reading Harry Potter to our kids, we will take turns doing it. But we are still not sure they are old enough yet.
      And I agree, a marriage needs to be seasoned, it needs different things at different times.
      And you know, I never liked Snape! Never! I hated that guy, until the very end...:)

      Delete
  9. I love the stars, and how meaningful they are. I'm generally not much of a tattoo person, but your stars are making me want to get something! Happy 100, Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riley! It's funny, my sister saw a pic of those stars and loved them until she heard they are from the Harry Potter books...

      Delete
  10. YAY for 100 posts! Here's to hundreds more! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry I am late! Congratulations!! Yay.
    I can't even imagine I will have anything to say tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you looking for free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!