Monday, October 29, 2012

A man with a plan!

The weekend is over. Again. It seems that the weekend always goes by faster than I think it will. But to be honest, this weekend was just awesome! First, my friend offered to take our children for a sleepover, and we had a date night with lots of sex, and even morning sex. I love lazy morning sex when you don't have to worry about little feet running down the hallway, knowing they are as happy as can be.
A little snag in our weekend was the getting wet in the closet part. And I don't mean wet as in ready, but wet as in, it is raining through our roof, and dripping into our closet.


I am not sure how much I have described DH before, but he is a geek. No wait, he is The Geek! He is going to dress up as Luke Skywalker for Halloween, and to top it all off, he is going to wear a Dana Carvey wig with it. So I think that draws a very accurate picture for everybody.

Well, back to the roof. Before ttwd, he would have freaked out mostly because he didn't know how to deal with it and would have known it would be expensive.

He freaked out for about two minutes, and then put his HoH cap back on as well as his toolbelt, and climped up onto the roof in the misty, drizzling Seattle rain. And he fixed it. He did it. I was a bit skeptical, but not negatively, and wanted to wait it out until it rained again. Living where we do, that is not hard, and low and behold, it is dry!

And let me just point out that even though that picture of Dana Carvey looks totally douchy, DH did not in his toolbelt. He looked hot. Really hot.

So here is a shout-out to my HOT HoH! Rawrrr!!!!


And one more shout out to all my readers and fellow bloggers on the East Coast. You are in my thoughts and I hope everybody is safe waiting out the storm!

20 comments:

  1. isn't it great when they fix your problems for you?

    so hawt!!! i would know... BIKSS has done enough touching up work in my house... oh oh oh. *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love surprises. Glad you enjoyed his manly man outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do love surprises, and that manly man outfit. Lucky me!

      Delete
  3. Right there with you on the morning sex thing, Julia. It's a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! What could possibly go wrong after that right?

      Delete
  4. LOL! Julia, you sound SO happy. Really glad for you.

    I am disappointed that there will be no Star Trek costume, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, the Dana-Carvey/Luke-Skywalker-thing is not working for you? Lol!

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a great weekend!

    I am counting the days till mid December (I know a long time) when me and the Mrs are out of town for two nights! First time in 18 months we have been away from the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ponyboy, I am so jealous reading that! I have been dreaming of getting away for more than one night for years now. But I hope you guys have lots of fun! :)

      Delete
    2. I am going to plan on having lots of fun! haha. One night is just us, the other is a work function of hers.

      I hope you two get away soon too. Important to get away as a couple I think. Not just the sex part, but having time away together without the kids.

      Delete
    3. Well one night just for you is still awesome! And a work function with no kids at the end of it sounds kind of nice too. :) Can't wait to read about it!

      Delete
  6. Dd does just make them ooze masculinity, doesn't it?
    Roarrrrr, indeed.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) Sometimes it wish I had a toolbelt to :-)
    but I just walk around with a hammer...
    (However I prefer a paintstirrer, that can be at least usefull for multiple purposes :-))

    @ Ponyboy... Femme Fessee and I had the posibility to have two weekends that we rented little houses, one time on the French/Belgium Border, and one in the south of the Netherlands, just to have time together, time to play, spank, love, have sex, and still find time to eat and sleep. I Wish you and Mrs a wonderful two days, just to be together and have room to share.

    @ Julia... Of course I hope for you that perhaps by surprise a day will come to just be alone with DH to live and love your things...

    In the urge we feel to play, knowing that the children will be thursdaymorning both to school, I have taken the morning of from my work... Any idea why? I guess you do! (And even we are teasing each other, already in the next role we like to play! )

    Regards, Monsieur Fessee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well DH always thought he wasn't man enough to pull it off, but he needed one one day, and has been using it proudly ever since.
      We do have a paintstirrer out in the woodshed, and he actually used it this weekend too. Lured me out there under false pretenses! Very enjoyable though.
      Little house somewhere just sounds so perfect! Or even a hotel room with a big tub for two!

      Delete
  8. Love lazy morning... or night, no interruptions sex! How many times through the years you get stopped by little feet. lol
    Great that you had that fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kuddos to DH for being Mr. Fix It and glad you had some nice adult time together, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!