Thursday, October 11, 2012

Feeling good about yourself!

A little all over today I'm afraid.  HNT=Half-Nekkid Thursday

Something has been swirling through my mind lately. That something is posting a pic of myself on my blog. The thought came to me after reading Emen's comment on Kitty's blog post.

I have always struggled with the way I feel about myself. Finally, at my very old age, okay, not that old, but still, I feel like I like who I am, and how I look.
I like being tall.
I like being mostly blonde.
I like, actually love, my hair.
I like my mischievous smile that is mostly reserved for DH.
I like my legs, and I really like my boobs. Realizing all this has made me feel so much more womanly. Does that even make sense to anyone else?

Ever since DH and I started this journey, I have started to like myself more. When we first talked about ttwd,  we would talk about fantasies, about rules, and expectations. DH never told me what to wear or how to look, and still doesn't tell me what to wear, but he will make his desires or expectations known. Like wearing a skirt. I have never felt comfortable wearing a skirt or even a dress. This was a major issue with my boyfriend when I was 15, and it kind of escalated after that. But I have been wearing  skirts all  summer long, no problem there.
I feel so much more comfortable with who I am. I feel more confident with myself, if I want to change something about myself, I have realized that nobody can do it for me,  I have to want to do it, and then I can. It is that simple.

Another factor of how this post came together: In Emen's comment she says she likes to know how people she follows look. And I don't think she meant a full body picture, more of just something real. So I have seen a picture of Kitty and a picture of Conina. I don't want to say that I want to copy what they did, but at the same time, they really inspired me. I talked to DH about it. I asked him if it was too self-centered of me to want to post a pic. As usual, he is amazing. He told me what he thought, and gave me permission to do it as long as he approves the picture first. So I used his phone and told him to take his time deciding and just send me The One.

So, the night before, I was lying in bed, waiting for DH to join me, when my cat came over and lay
down on me. I took a picture and I actually liked it. DH saw me waiting for  him, and said:
"My two favorite things, and a pussy too!"



I liked a picture of my own breasts, my boobs.
When I met DH, he wasn't much into boobs, then we had kids and they were off limits with breastfeeding. After I finally stopped breastfeeding, it took another long while for my sensitivity to come back, but while we ignored my boobs mostly, DH discovered that he actually likes MY boobs, or as he calls them, HIS now.

So, there are my breasts. I love my breasts. I love my small nipples. And I love showing them off to DH, flashing him while walking by, or shaking them at him. He loves to motorboat them, I have no idea why, but they are his to do with as he pleases. And if that pleases him, that is fine with me.

Isn't being comfortable in your own skin just the greatest feeling?

21 comments:

  1. It is the greatest feeling indeed. I have found I am much more comfortable with myself now as well and I actually care wwhat I look like when I leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I used to not have a problem going out in sweats, still don't, but I care more and am more likely to actually get dressed and take care of how I look. :)

      Delete
  2. Funny- I have been thinking about the same things... maybe I will talke to Mr. FH about joining in...Little jealous of you nice dark nipples- mine are super pale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Mine are a little lighter than in the picture too, but not much. Thank you. And kind of awesome to know that I wasn't the only one tempted by their input. I just love this community!

      Delete
  3. Good for you! I hope you do feel good, and you two selected a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DD does improve one's the level of comfort that one has with their body, at least that has been my experience. Ian is a breast man and has been worried about mine since we met and married. When I say worried, I mean obsessed. Worried another man might notice I have them. Worried that I might one day actually get a Dr. to agree that there are medical reasons for breast reduction. Ian likes to do breast exams for me. Likes to wash them when we are in the shower together. Likes to just stand behind me and hold on to them - and I let him because it takes the weight off my shoulders for a couple of minutes.
    I am glad your hubby loves your body and celebrates it! It is a good feeling. I am not expert, but your breasts look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think any woman is an expert on breasts! So thank you!
      And DH does a lot of what you described too....:)

      Delete
  5. It is good to be comfortable in your own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Julia! I think it's great you are so happy with your body and feel comfortable and confident enough to share it. And all the more power to it if it pleases DH ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it took me a long time to get here, so I am happy that I can feel this way about my body.

      Delete
  7. Oh, so lovely! Brave woman, welcome to the fold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Julia! Yes-me too! I am much more comfortable with myself these days.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are stunning!!! You are stunning!!! Truly stunning - and yes, I love to see the breasts. Poor Emen didn't know what she was starting when she asked for some pics of bottoms.

    Thanks for jumping in. It's scary, but kind of cool too (and as you know, I am a flasher as well - not sure why, but there it is).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty! Kind of scary, but cool and kind of liberating for some reason as well!

      Delete
  10. Hip hip hurray!

    Lovely :)

    Im rather smallish myself, not much in the boob department, so i can appreciate a nice full set !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mine are definitely a full set! Thank you!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful breast!! Mine are miniscule, but I'm working on loving them anyway!! Thanks for a great reminder...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!