Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book review: Alice Liddell - Straits Academy

Since you guys all asked me exactly what I was reading, I figured I would write a short review about the book. Now, just imagine me sitting here with red cheeks because I can't believe I am actually going to 'talk' about this book. This is one of my guilty pleasures, reading books like this one. Okay, moving on...
The story is this: The year is 1921 and a young Englishwoman named Adelaide has sailed halfway around the world to marry, only to learn that her fiancĂ© has been brutally murdered. His friends Drake wants to investigate what happened to his friend, and persuades Addy to pretend to be his niece. He then enrolls her in Straits Academy, which he beliefs played a role in the finance's murder.
Straits Academy is a finishing school for girls. Girls here get prepared to become wives, lovers, concubines, but Drake doesn't really know that when he enrolls Addy here.
This book includes spankings, although not too harsh, and anal play, not sex, but play as school discipline. And some of you may know, I love anal sex, so this was really a book I thought I would enjoy. And I did. 
The book is said to be a full-length novel, but I think it could have been longer and included more of a story even. 
I usually don't really go for the F/f thing, but it totally worked in this book. I did like the heroine because she wasn't one of those women who pretend to not like the spankings and discipline, but secretly she does like it. She just kind of goes with it. Definite plus for me.

So there you go guys. My cheeks are no longer red, I guess just talking about it makes it less naughty, which is good. I mean DH and I do everything that was mentioned in that book, therefore I should be okay right?
Any book suggestions for me after reading this?

11 comments:

  1. I love to read, I could recommend a ton of books, but none in this genre...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was afraid a guy would be the first one to read this review. Now I am blushing again.

      Delete
    2. Haha, you are not! C'mon, no need to blush. I think it would be awesome if my wife read this sorts of books.

      Delete
    3. I totally was/am. And maybe you just don't know if she does read something like this. I hid this stuff from DH for a long time...so glad I don't anymore because now I don't just read about it anymore. :)

      Delete
    4. I'm sure DH finds your blushing cute.

      She might, but I doubt it. I was going to buy her the 50 shades book, but didn't want to be too suggestive.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, he does and makes sure to try to make me blush more often. I think a book is a great idea for her, I am trying to think if there are any I can think of that are not too obvious, but still, and I can't think of anything except for 50 Shades. I started reading 50 Shades without knowing really, and it is how I even found out about all this.
      text that turns into the link

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the book review, Julia! :) Wish I had some more recommendations for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are missing out, you non reader you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the book review. I have been checking out a ton of spanking stories that I didn't even know existed till the spank or treat contest. I recognize the author of this book. I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ALice Liddell is a bit too much for me at times, this one wasn't too bad though. Any other suggestions for me?

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!