Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cookie Recipe Exchange - Walnut Chocolate Chip



My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies!

1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (120 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) (115 grams) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt (Deb option)
1 1/2 cups (200 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (130 grams) walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 350F (170C?). Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon (5cm) balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches (10cm) apart, on each of the baking sheets.
Bake for 16 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

I found this recipe at: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/01/chocolate-chip-cookies/  

Just as a disclaimer, this is not my recipe, I just love it and I am sharing the cookie joy!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks Julia. I love, LOVE Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (minus the chocolate chips)...MY FAV!!! I can't wait to try these (and eat a little dough - hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dough is always my favorite part. Make sure you toast the walnuts and let them cool otherwise they melt the chocolate chips, which is also yummy but a different cookie!

      Delete
  2. Hi other Julia,

    Mmmm, chocolate chip cookies .

    350F is 175C, we use increments of 25 degrees, normally. (Actually it's 176.6667C, but 175 will do.)

    Hugs, Julia D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a keeper
    thanks, sweetie
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am studiously avoiding temptation by not reading the cookie recipe, but I hope that you'd say that DH gave you some attention last night! LOL...I see that "Julia D" is being careful to distinguish herself...I say spankings to both of you! Hehe...

    Okay, I lied. I did look at the cookie recipe, and it looks YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very yummy. And no he didn't. I fell asleep. Shame on me, I know, trust me...He says tonight is the night and I am going to take a nap so I am not so tired...Still, shame on me, I know!

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!