Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FYI

I have noticed a few things while studying my blog stats. No particular order...

  • Bloggers stats are not very accurate or informative. I recently signed up for StatCounter, which is free, and they offer a huge amount of info about visitors, but also about almost everything else. Very fascinating. For example, it has a map of where visitors are located, how long visitors stay, how to entered, and how they exited your blog. 
  • Did you know that you can look for your blog by typing in your URL and then colon links? For my blog it looks like this: mypersonalthinkingspot.blogspot.com:links      This will show you a bunch of sites that have you on their blogroll. 
  • Did you know you can go on Google Trends and research keywords, titles, and stuff like that to optimize your keywords? I didn't know that, not sure I will use this, but still good to know in my opinion.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, I've gotten StatCounter myself now. I'm very curious to see what information it will give me.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just love some of the stuff you can find out!

      Delete
  2. I find statcounter very helpful. Google Analytics is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I signed up for Google Analytics, but couldn't figure out how to put the code into my pages...

      Delete
  3. Ohh very interesting. Although I can't get the thing to work that shows you who has you on their blogrolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try it when I am back home and let you know...:D

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and DH!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!