Friday, January 4, 2013

Jet Lag Sex/Picture Friday!

We are back home. Oh it is so nice to be home: our own bed, the kids in their own beds, having a minute to yourself, maybe even two. Although the time difference is really getting to us. DH and I have been going to bed shortly after tucking the kids in. Its hard to stay up when you are that tired, cold, and know you have the most beautiful bed in the world right there. The upside is waking up at four, being wide awake, watching Family Guy, and having awesome sex in our very own bed. No squeaking.
We had a great trip. I had a great time in Germany. During previous visits, it would happen that everybody in the family would revert to old roles, for example, me not speaking my mind about things that I should have, or being talked over. While growing up, my entire family kept talking over me, interrupting me. Not anymore. I just don't let it happen. I have also learned to speak up, speak my mind. I feel really good about this. And honestly, I can trace this back to ttwd too. This dynamic doesn't just work for DH, it really has made me more aware of what I can do, who I am, and that I have an opinion and if people ask me, they will hear this opinion.
Those three weeks in Germany were long on one hand, I missed the more obvious aspects of ttwd, like spankings, and at times DH and I could have really used one to set us on the right path again. And one time, DH did find the moment and spanked me as hard as he could through my jeans. I don't even remember why, I do remember however, how much it stung. Seriously. Well I do remember the circumstances. DH is a bad traveller, and when his environment changes, he has a hard time staying cool, which makes it hard for me to follow, because it appears there is no leader to follow. You know what I mean? But we figured it out. I think.

During previous visits to my mother's house, DH and I would end up not having sex at all, mainly because I wasn't in the mood  because of my mother being right there. That wasn't the case this time. Something just clicked with me, and I have realized it doesn't get anymore natural than having sex. After one 'session', we both fell on top of one another and said within the same breath, "Pretty good for Germany" and started laughing.
So there is my update. All I can think of for now. Today is DH's first day back to work, kids are still out of school, and I have a house that appears to have imploded (?) with stuff in places I have no idea how it got there....

28 comments:

  1. Welcome Home. It can be overwhelming the first couple of days getting everything sorted out and back where it belongs. That applies to material things as well as physical and emotional things too.

    Glad you're home safe and sound and that you had a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you are right, it really does take a while to get back settled in. I am glad it is Friday and we have some more time together this weekend. And! The step son moved out, mostly...

      Delete
  2. Traveling can be exciting and fun...but there is no place like home! Welcome back....settle in and enjoy.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home. Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ponyboy! I am pretty happy being home again! No place like home!

      Delete
  4. Welcome home, Julia.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back...hope re-entry goes as smoothly as possible.

    Congrats on keeping ttwd alive and well while traveling. It is so difficult, but given the additional stress inherent to travel, it is a wonderful thing to keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very difficult, but we managed somewhat.

      Delete
  6. Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good time, sounds like quite the adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Home, Julia and DH! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! The jet lag seems so much worse when we return home, since everything needs to get back on track. Glad you enjoyed your time and were able to be your 'true' self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember how hard jet lag is, especially with the whole family. We all fell asleep watching cartoons last night...

      Delete
  9. This makes me think about how "real" travelling would go with my husband. It's not his favorite thing.

    It sounds like you both came through the travels quite well. LOL...now the task of getting back into everyday life and all the tricks that pulls on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly!
      Did you know that I picked you as a winner for my giveaway last month!??
      Shoot me an email! There is chocolate involved!

      Delete
  10. I so get the 'disappearance' of that leadership which makes it hard to 'follow' thing. I fall apart at times like these if I'm honest.
    Glad to read you had a pretty great time away..... back to normality now? :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one that gets that feeling. Makes me feel like I am dissapointed in him, which is not true, because I know he really does struggle with himself when we are not home.
      Almost back to normal...:)

      Delete
  11. You should have titled this post "Pretty Good for Germany". LOL! That did make me laugh.

    Welcome back. Many happy spankings to you, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH man, you are right! I wrote the title first not know what I would write about and then never thought about it again. Lol....

      Delete
  12. Welcome back, Julia. I'm sure it is really nice to be back in the comfort of your own home. Happy New Year to you and DH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Riley! I hope you had a great holiday season!

      Delete
  13. The wine gums arrived in the mail today! Yummy. Thank you.

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Glad that worked out! Enjoy! Those are my absolute favorite!

      Delete
  14. So glad to have you back! It sounds like you guys did very well this visit. I have to agree on ttwd giving me a voice, or maybe its just confidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a bit of both, well confidence leading to discovering that voice and trying it out! I like it.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!