Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The continuous story of how jet lag makes having a kinky sex life really difficult

Life is back on in full swing. I am back in school starting today, my children started school yesterday, and DH is back to work full-time as well. Life seems to be mostly back to normal, which is good, I love things that are organized, like having a schedule for the day. I really need that. One thing that isn't back to normal yet is our sleep schedule, still. A whole week later, and DH and I are still so exhausted at around 8. The bed starts calling to us louder and louder, begging us to crawl into it and fall asleep snuggling. Which we have been doing. And don't get me wrong, we still have sex, usually just really early in the morning, and to me, morning just doesn't scream kinky sex. You know what I mean?

I miss our 'kinky' sex. When the kids are in bed in the evening, we know they won't get up again (most likely) and we can enjoy hours of playtime. I really miss this playtime. But we are just too tired, and it is not just me. Last night was going pretty well, DH told me to get in the shower, and went and got our play box out. Then he got in the shower, and by the time he finally got out, I was all snuggled up in bed. He came into bed with me, and before you know it, we were both asleep. DH told me this morning not to worry, we will get over this jet lag, but at the moment, it is hard to imagine that.

And really, what a thing to complain about, I know.


I hope everybody has a great day! And if you have any tips for getting over jetlag when your partner is just as tired, please share! Usually, for example, my mother, we just keep her up, entertain her, keep her going and she adjusts fairly easily, but when the whole house is as tired as you are, it is pretty hard to stay up....

20 comments:

  1. You will make the adjustment soon. Try forcing yourself to stay up 30 minutes later each night, maybe that will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will try that tonight sunnygirl, thanks! Not sure how long I made it last night, but I will stay out of bed until at least 9.15...

      Delete
  2. Lol, yeah, I guess if that your biggest concern right now, you guys are doing pretty good:) Welcome home Julia. I am sure things will be truly be back to normal very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, what a problem to have!

      Delete
  3. Uggg I'm hardly the one to offer advice, with young kids, I feel jet lagged all the time.

    I just try and stay active, and I try and stay away from my bed. Cause I know what you mean, when you are really tired it just screams at you to go to sleep.

    Sexwise, maybe you guys can mess around in another part of the house? That way you won't get all cozied up in bed and fall asleep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, we always stay in our bedroom in the evening because we have computer and tv in here too, but that is a great idea. Sexwise: other room, nope that is not a possibility. :) Thanks Ponyboy!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back...take it in slow increments..staying up a little later each night. I find if I get too comfy my bed calls me....keep moving...be creative.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to keep moving sometimes...but I did it last night, and so did DH. But then we were to tired for a spanking. lol. So much for that...

      Delete
  5. I am totally with you on the jet lag thing. It's a killer to your sex life for at least a week or more. I'm not looking forward to my 24 hrs of flying home on Thursday.

    Good luck and try to enjoy the sleep ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 hours? Our flights were about 12 hours all together. And it has been a week now, and I stayed up later than the day before...

      Delete
  6. i know you can't do what i do - which is just sleep till it's the correct time to wake up.

    but that's what works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh fondles, that takes me back to a time when I could sleep whenever and however long I wanted. Good times.

      Delete
  7. That would be so hard! Hope you get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sympathize, sweetie - I hate it when life interferes with sexy fun with Ian..... this is just a readjustment phase and soon you two will be swinging from the chandeliers again.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly hope so, gotta check the chandeliers though to make sure everything is ready and stable...

      Delete
  9. It's so hard to get back in the swing after a 'time reprieve' like winter break. Our boys went back on Monday & it's been hard to get back into the swing of more organized schedules.

    The jet lag thing...totally understand, when Daddy comes back from deployment it takes ages to get back into the same time zone. It is hard to imagine, but it will happen before you even realize it :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really hard, and I feel like we are not even doing ttwd anymore.
      :(
      Jet lag is finally getting better, although DH has had to get up way early the last few mornings, so he is just tired in general.

      Delete
  10. No real tips just good thoughts thrown your way so you get back to normal soon. Enjoy it when you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!