Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spanking Implement Review # 8


Description: Big Leather Paddle 

Intensity: Pretty stingy and can get very intense. The paddle is very flexible, which is nice, but DH has to watch out that he doens't come to close to my butt crack, otherwise the upper part goes all the way in. Very intense.

Sound level: Slappy, therefore kind of loud

Feeling during spanking: Stingy, not thuddy, quick

DH's comment: "Nice. I need to practice though, the aim is different and it is more floppy"

I have been trying to find, and wait, for the right story to happen so that I could write about this paddle. But life keeps getting in the way: Children throwing up all evening long, real life, tired, step son showing up unannounced. I have even gone so far as to ask for a spanking. Seriously. I have. Are you proud of me yet? I think I have come a long way, instead of withdrawing, and thinking he doesn't care or doesn't want to do ttwd anymore, I have asked for spankings. And yet still, things keep getting in the way.


Our ten year anniversary seems to have brought with it more trust and better communication. Our expectations of one another seem to either be met without having to say anything, or we talk about why they were not met. DH made it a rule that I don't question his commitment to ttwd anymore. 
With this rule came the realization (at least for me) that he really is committed. Making me feel taken care of, taken in hand. This is the whole point of taken in hand, isn't it? Knowing this, having realized this, is like his warm hand on my lower back, guiding me gently through crowds.
Last night, we were once again communicating without words, both realizing it at the same time. 
DH: "I wonder what the next ten years will bring. I mean how could this get better? Can couples reach an even better place?" 
Good questions right? DH and I are very lucky, but at the same time, we have worked hard at our relationship. To be where we are now, and I hope we get the chance to continue to work on our relationship, to grow together and as individuals.

The Paddle: I noticed DH always grabs our thinner leather paddle, for every single spanking. Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I like that paddle too.  But I figured I would look into different shapes of leather paddles, and found this one on eBay  I gave it to DH a day early for our Valentines Day. I suck at keeping secrets from him, therefore I gave it to him early. 
I have to admit, DH looked intimidated. "This is a big paddle love, are you sure?"
"Well it is leather, and I know you like the other one a lot. You don't want to try?" I could hear myself sounding a bit disappointed. 
He looked down at the paddle in his hands again, trying it out on his palm. It sounded slappy. He tried out how far it bends, how to hold it. Then turned to me.
"Okay, turn around, bend over the couch" (Not the arm of the couch, just arms out and put my hands on the arm of the couch).
And he tried it over my jeans.

It was a quick spanking, to the point. It was kind of loud (the spanks), and I could see the potential of the paddle to be very stingy.

DH tried this paddle again during our weekend. Naked this time, as in no jeans or panties to soften the blows. 
I like this paddle. It is bigger than the other leather one, therefore it covers more, and it kind of distributes the spank more than the thinner one we have. That one can be very painful, the thin two-inch-wide leather often hurts a lot in just one spot. This one is more of a all-of-my-ass-got-spanked feeling. 
I am glad we own this paddle. I am looking forward to getting better acquainted with it, although I am sure, I will wonder why I ever wrote that next time I am over DH's lap, getting the daylights smacked out of my butt. But until now, well worth the purchase.

28 comments:

  1. Wow, Julia! I LOVE your blog. I know I read it before but just now getting up on the blogger community. I googled "How To Spank Your Wife" for some insight to give my HOH and your DH's post came up. Pretty soon I was reading your recent posts. You both sound like a wonderful couple. I like how much fun comes out in your blogs as well. Just wanted to let you both know your blog made my day happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixie,

      Thank you so much for actually leaving me a comment. Did you show the post to your HoH? Was it helpful? I know DH wrote it for other men like him, who just didn't know how to approach the wife...

      Delete
    2. Hello Julia I love your blog I am linking it to mine or how ever it works.
      Yes I am new to bloging so I haven't learned all of the terms yet but lets talk about spanking.. now that I know bout.
      wish you and hubby luck soundslike your well on your way there.

      Bob

      Delete
    3. Hi Bob! Nice to see you on my blog!

      Delete
  2. We've been talking about paddles lately, but haven't tried one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Happy to help! As paddles go, I like this one. But I am also not a fan of wood, so, you know...:D

      Delete
  3. I'm with kitty, we have also talked about getting a paddle, as we own NONE so far... good review! I think I may like leather but a slappy sound we'd have a hard time hiding from kiddos.. LOL It'd have to be just for alone time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None? Wow, you really should look into a leather one then. Even though it does make some sound, so worth it, and we always do spankings in the eve anyway, so no kiddos around either.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy that your communication has been so great, love the new rule, he definitely means it :) Oh and your new implement looks fun -- especially the part about it not being thuddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the implement is fun, we tried it out again last night. You should really think about it Riley!

      Delete
  5. It looks positively delicious! I love your new rule too- very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have two wooden paddles that the Hoh made..they are not nice at all! I don't mind the belt, maybe we should invest in a leather paddle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Invest in a leather one, look on ebay or etsy, not too expensive!

      Delete
  7. Hi Julia, the new paddle does look like fun. Whether I like our leather paddle or not depends on how he uses it LoL. It can be yummy, or extremely stingy!

    Life may be getting in the way a bit, but it sounds as though you two are in a good place. Glad to hear you are communicating well and I love the new rule:)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, exactly!
      And to the new rule, I did not like it first, but it was one of the first rules he has insisted on, which made me realize how important this is to him as well!

      Delete
  8. You will have to share your paddle wisdom with Minelle. :) She isn't so sure she is a fan of the wooden kind!

    How great for you that communication is going well, despite life throwing you challenges, and that you got some spanking. I can see how a bigger paddle might be easier to take because it distributes the impact. Guess you'll have to behave yourself...at least for a little bit. :D

    Happy spanking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not a fan of the wooden kind either.
      And I am feeling great, I love being in this submissive state of mind.

      Delete
  9. We have two leather paddles as well and they both feel very different. I can tell when he switches for sure!

    I'll take them over wood anyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! And anytime over wood. I have never liked our wooden paddle. I used to like our brush, but when he broke it, we got a bigger one, and that one is too thuddy.

      Delete
  10. Nice review. We only have one leather paddle and it is "our" favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, see I am not the only one liking leather wayyyyy more!

      Delete
  11. Aw yay for communication! So happy to hear things are going well, and loved reading the review of the paddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely like this paddle. It takes a bit of practice to account for how much it bends during a swing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Practice, practice, practice... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a whole lot of paddles you can do reviews on. I will send you them to try out. And you don't have to return them. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Which one is your least favorite? Mine, by far, is the wooden paddle I 'got' for my birthday. Horrible thing.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!