Thursday, March 7, 2013

And here are some Answers....

Fondles asked: Did you have awesome hot sex on your wedding night?
We did not. As I explained in the comment section of the last post, DH and I got up early on the day of our wedding, went to the court house, came back home, he dropped me off and went to work. I was alone that whole day. In the evening, I would guess we ordered Chinese food, and then were too tired to have sex. While that does sound kind of pathetic, it clearly isn't any indicator of 'oh,-that-couple-is-not-going-to-make-it'. Cause we did make it. 

Brooke asked: What is the number one positive outcome you think ttwd has brought to your marriage?

There is not one thing I can pinpoint. Ttwd has changed our lives entirely. We both are more confident. We talk about so many more personal things. We try out new things. DH has become such a confident man. His interaction with our children, as well as his older kids, is so different now. He trusts himself to know he is doing the right thing, instead of looking to me to assure him. I no longer wear the pants, yippie! Our sex life is so incredible. I am all around happy. I used to read one romance novel after another, and I don't even read them anymore, simply because I have something more real and so much better right here. Great question though, wasn't it?

Christina asked: What is the most "unusual" food you've ever eaten?

Honestly, I just can't stand the thought of eating something weird, unusual, therefore I don't. Please nobody kidnap me and let me go in some country where they eat weird stuff, pretty please! I am a picky eater I guess. German's are not very adventourous when it comes to food anyway. I can (after ten years here) finally eat something a little hotter than mild!
If you could redo the career part of your life, would you choose the same path or a different one?
I am a stay at home mom and full time student although I am nearing my graduation at the end of this year hopefully. I chose to have children first, and to start my career after my children are a little older. I did not want to miss their firsts, and I really didn't want somebody else to raise our children. This is very important to DH and I, and I don't regret doing it this way. This said, I am a bit anxious to start looking for work soon. I am going to have some serious student debt hanging over my head, and I will need to find work, and I am just going to hope that it will be okay. Everything will work out the way it should.
If you were given the chance to do something outrageous, without worrying about money, time, or consequences, what would you choose?
Wow, what a question and scenario to think about! Anything? Mh, I would love to travel more, but not just travel, live in these places (that don't have weird food). I would love to do this with DH.

Anonymous asked: How long did you work for DH before there was an attraction?
I really liked his voice the first time I talked to him on the phone, but was too nervous to think about anything. Seriously. Seeing him at the airport, and then the ride home, on which he got lost, I thought he was funny, though shy. The first day together, I knew he was funny, lonely, and couldn't handle his household or children by himself. Which is when I started taking care of things for him. I still do it every day. I love making his day easier. Love doing his laundry, because he thanks me every single time. He always thanks me for cooking dinner, even when it wasn't my best. 
Short answer, I worked for DH for less than 48 hours before I realized it, even less for him. He says he knew he was in trouble when he picked me up at the airport. He says the first thing he saw was long legs, and that I was tall - and he knew he was in trouble!


What I am listening to: 

22 comments:

  1. Love your answers. You seem to have so many positive things going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling very lucky and fortunate at the moment. Thank you Minelle!

      Delete
  2. Aw, loved reading the questions/answers, your answer to my question was great - seems ttwd has just been an amazing thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has. I can think of so many different aspects of life that ttwd has touched. Really incredible!~

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers, especially the one about you and DH and the first time he laid eyes on you. Awww.

    My question is...I know you didn't grow up in the US, do you have an accent? And also, does DH love it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is a great question! I believe I have a tiny accent, but most people can't tell anymore. Unless! I was just in Germany, or I had somebody here, I can actually hear it myself when it happens.
      DH? What do you think?

      Delete
    2. Well, I can't hear your accent at all anymore! In fact, I've accepted the fact that you drop 50-cent words all the time in normal conversation. When we were first together, I remember people asking you all the time where you were from, but now it never happens.

      Delete
  4. Awesome questions and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers Julia, especially how long before there was an attraction and positives of ttwd.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these were some awesome questions! :)

      Delete
  6. Love, love your response to the question posed by anonymous....your perspective of making his day easier:) Jake always thanks me making dinner too, even though I've always done it and love doing it. It's sweet.
    And you already know how great I think your 'how we met story' is. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how 'classic' it really is until I started blogging. How strange how one's perspective can be changed!
      It is sweet when I hear thank you from every one at the table. I do it now too with my mom, who always looks flustered when I say it, but I know she likes hearing it too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Julie! Thanks for creating such a great blog! I sent a "comment" (about your implement reviews) to your email address. I'm trusting you to keep it all confidential...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops!, Make that JULIA. I really need to learn to proofread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I saw the email and I am thinking about it. Thank you so much for thinking of me! :D I will let you know.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for having shared your answers and for having given me the idea to participate in the Q & A event, Julia! :-)

    By the way, it seems like Ludwig and I are not typically German, since we are more adventurous when it comes to trying different food. We wouldn't try everything, but we both like a rather large variety of dishes from different countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have been living outside of Germany for more than ten years now, maybe things do change! And possibly, it could just be my family. :) My family is more Prussian in its cooking anyway.
      I saw that you jumped on the bandwagon! Its fun isn't it?
      Love your profile pic!

      Delete
  10. There is an amazing new opportunity that is growing in popularity online.

    Major companies are paying people just for giving their opinions!

    You can earn up to $75 per each survey!

    And it is available to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete
  11. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals NOW and make up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!