Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review #2 The Devil of Whiskey Row by Renee Rose

We had the most beautiful weather this past weekend, and enjoyed our outdoors a lot. I love enjoying these first warming rays of sunshine. While I was sitting there, overlooking the backyard, I realized what a great picture it would make. And then I was somehow inspired to take a picture of something I was reading, and figured I could review a book for my blog and take a picture of it first. Makes perfect sense right? Yeah, I don't know, sometimes my mind works backwards like that.


Anyway, I though of Renee, and how I have never actually read any of her stories. (Ducking, I know, I know) But honestly, I haven't read anything of hers because I enjoy reading full length stories or even longer, and not novellas. Its just a personal preference. Otherwise I just start to get into it, and its already over...
I was able to locate her book on Amazon right away, and had it on my kindle in under 30 seconds. Isn't technology amazing?

Review: I quickly got sucked into the story of Cora, a young woman who had been forced into prostitution in the Wild West. Circumstances land her in a new bordello. The new place's owner, Jake aka Daddy Diggs, runs a much nicer place, running his establishment kindly but with a firm hand if necessary. Of course Cora gets in trouble, and what follows is a very lovely tale indeed.
I enjoyed the whole story, was just sad to see it end too quickly. I would have loved to know so much more about these two characters: More back story, more about how they were feeling, and why, but I realize that this is just my preference for a full length novel.

All in all, I really enjoyed this story. It was very steamy, and the spanking scenes very well described. I felt like I could follow the feelings during. I also enjoyed the little bit of anal play in it. DH and I have been exploring a Daddy theme recently, so you can imagine my surprise when I first realized that Jake was very similar to how DH treats me. Very hot!

8 comments:

  1. Julia! Thank you so much for the review-- you rock! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Devil of Whiskey Row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did. :) And I always appreciate other people's reviews so I figured I could write one myself!

      Delete
  2. Nice review. I haven't ordered this book yet but I am hooked on the western genre so I'm sure it will be added to my kindle soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will like it too! This was actually my first one in this genre.

      Delete
  3. Hi Julia, glad you have a good weekend and were able to enjoy some nice weather.

    Thank you for the great review. I haven't yet read this but I've enjoyed the snippets that Renee has posted too so It's a must read for me I think.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, it really was nice, and is again today. Lucky us in this area...

      Delete
  4. The book sounds very interesting, thanks for the review! And that picture is great, love the background :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!