Friday, May 10, 2013

A lovely vacation at home.

Things have been going well at our house, although having DH home is always an adjustment: I tend to do less housework because we just want to hang out. My homework gets done in the evening instead of the morning, because in the morning the kids are at school for a few hours. Alone time. And what have we done with it? Not much in the sex department I am afraid. I don't even know why. Well I mean the amazing sex at night could be why, or the step son down at the other side of the house. But I am not complaining, it is nice to have more time together, and not having to make every day he is home count, like we have to when he is at work. I can't even imagine how this is in households where both partners work full-time. How do you still find time for each other?

I am incredibly grateful to everyone for the well wishes! I knew when I picked him up that afternoon that his attitude is good, and that there were politics in play that had nothing to do with his being laid off. And we were right. He had a friend who knew about a position, and so it started. Funnily, this friend was the one I wrote to first after DH called me about his unemployment.

This vacation we were able to have has been good. Weather has been fantastic, and we have managed a few dates here and there. I feel  a little like I am waiting for something, but I think it is just because he hasn't actually started working yet and doesn't know how much he will like that new place.
I hope there is no stress like this friend has told us, no politics that cause stress to leak into relationships. That leads to disconnecting, doubting, and all that bad stuff. I am so grateful to say we are in a good spot at the moment. I really do. I wish we had less step son time in the evening, but even that changed over the last few days, so who knows? DH has been able to spank me a few times over the last week, and I have been so grateful I took everything he gave me without complaining (mostly), just so grateful, even during...does that make sense, lol?

DH has been consistent, so loving, positive, firm, and leading me, we have communicated well, were clear on boundaries, and expectations - it has been a wonderful vacation, and I really hope we can adopt this to the new working schedule. We are about to go out on another date, stepson babysitting. Ahh life is good. I hope wherever you are, my dear reader, that you are doing well, thinking positive thoughts, and even that is not the case (yet), you at least know what needs to be done to get there....

Happy Friday Everyone! And it is going to be Mother's Day!

15 comments:

  1. That is me on the weekends...the house suffers a bit because I just want to spend time with him! Luckily, he wouldn't want it any other way:) Glad life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tess - yep, I love it when Julia drops everything to practice our waltz steps in the kitchen!

      Delete
    2. Exactly! I know he would rather be with me, then sit in a clean house, lol. Plus it is not that bad...lol!

      Delete
  2. Happy weekend and Mother's Day. So glad DH was able to find a job so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sunnygirl! Thank you, and I hope you also have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Aw, so happy everything is working out so well. It makes total sense that you're grateful, even during the spankings. I hope the job is everything you and DH hope for, and I hope you have a happy mothers day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything sounds so good, very happy for you. Hope the transition with the new job goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks db. How did the move go? How is life together?

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you have been enjoying your vacation time and taking time out to be with and enjoy each other. The dates sound wonderful.

    So happy to hear you are in such a good place and that the new job came along quickly. Wishing DH all the best with the new job and also hope the transition goes well.

    Have a wonderful weekend and Mothers Day.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz, we really have. Mother's Day will be his last day home. Seems appropriate! lol.
      I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  6. Sounds marvelous! I'm so glad he got a job on such a quick turn-around and I hope he loves it and has lots of time for you. Life will get hectic again (it always does), so enjoy the time you have and don't worry about letting a few things slide. You guys are each others' #1 priority, so have some fun! Yay for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, exactly! I think part of getting older, lol, means that I can relax about the little things to enjoy the big one, you know?
      Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad he found a new job so quickly. Hopefully it will be a job with less stress and politics, I know how that having job stress can effect the relationship and ones attitude. Sounds like you two are having fun while he is home!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thanks Kim. He just left for his new work. :)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!