Friday, May 17, 2013

A Rule Changed

Instead of my usual Picture Friday posts, I figured I would give you all a teaser! I asked Riley to guest post a Picture Friday post for me, and she agreed! So stay tuned, hopefully next week. (No pressure Riley!)

Thank you guys for the very thoughtful responses I received for my last post, Changing the Rules? When I wrote it, I had just realized that that is what I wanted to do, that I didn't need his guiding hand for that anymore. I had just realized that instead of getting angry with him, or annoyed, or even going behind his back, I should just bring this up.
This is what I love about this dynamic! It changes, adapts, it is not meant to be more restrictive than one needs, it doesn't need to smother you, lol. I was starting to feel that way about the rule, and I started to get annoyed with DH, thinking about going behind his back, but I didn't.

When he got home that evening, I arranged people in the family so, that I would have a few minutes alone with him, no interruptions.
And then I just sat with him, let him tell me about his day.
"But how was your day, Sweety?" he asked me after telling me all about the new job that seems to be working well for him so far.
"I am good, but I realized something today, and I want to talk to you about it. Nothing scary" I said smiling, but not mischievously, like I often do.
"Okay, how about now?"
Now? I wasn't ready. Lol. I had figured I would announce now, and then we would talk later. Um. Big breath, and I started saying things why I think I have been doing well on my own, but before I could even go further, he said

"I actually know what you want to ask me. I have noticed your thinking about this." Huh. I guess I had thought about it unconsciously for longer than I even realized. Interesting...but! What came next just made me speechless, left me shaking my head with a smile on my face.
He dropped the rule. Just like that. He knew before I could tell him what I was going to say and agreed with me. Lol. How funny right? And by funny, I might actually be talking about how amazed I am at how in-tune DH and I are with one another.

Later, over his lap, he spanked me for having breached a safety rule half way. So it was more of a reminder not to do that. Then, the spanking turned into addressing the rule change. Kind of like this was his last time he had authority to spank me over it. But at the same time, he told me he would keep track of it, and if I wasn't handling it well enough, he would reinstate it. Which honestly, seems fair to me.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday everybody!

17 comments:

  1. julia, so glad the job is working out and your rule is now changed. i bet your weekend is going to be lovely. :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you maryanne. Now I just have a huge paper to write by Sunday...:)

      Delete
  2. It's so nice when a couple are so untuned with each other. I'm glad the job is going well!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that such a great thing about TTWD? How it can adapt and change as our lives adapt and change?

    I'm glad the rule got changed and that the job is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and i'll be excited to read Riley's guest post!! :)

      Delete
    2. It is really just amazing, isn't it? I am constantly wondering why I am still so surprised, lol.

      Delete
  4. It is wonderful that he is so in tune with you, he knew the rule change before you could tell him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was flabbergasted! (Love the word)

      Delete
  5. That's so great Julia, this could have went so many ways and it went great because you two have a special connection that is so awesome to "watch" grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog for some time now and iam totaly amazed on how intuned the two of you are and how quicly you seem to meand any gaps that arise in your walk in ttwd.

    Another great post

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are we bob, but I appreciate you saying it too. :)

      Delete
  7. That is so wonderful Julia,

    I'm glad it worked out so well in the end and that you got the outcome you were hoping for without even having to ask! You guys are so connected and in-tune with each other.

    The fact that DH picked up on it without you having to ask him shows how attentive he is to you and what a wonderful leader he is. I have to say, I quite like that he addressed the rule one last time as a reminder.

    Looking forward to Riley's guest post. No pressure :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to it too, thanks Roz!

      Delete
  8. Wow, I'm impressed with how in-tune you two are with one another. So great that he dropped it for you and that you were able to work it out just like that. Don't you just love when it works out that way? ;)

    I'm looking forward to posting, collecting pix should be fun!! Thanks for letting me be a guest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do love it, a little weird how easy it was, but at the same time, perfect!

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!