Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Somebody needs a Spanking!

Kind of a rambler, you have been warned.....

Thank you everybody for my lovely birthday wishes! I had a great birthday, and the spanking was fun too! Its kind of nice to fun about a spanking....
Life has been good here. My mom is visiting, and we have the perfect weather! We have been enjoying our time together, learning more about each other. This is something I have learned from blogland - Moms are not around forever, so I am trying to connect with her more now.


But I have also noticed that when one is happy, there are ugly people around who do not like it, and try to manipulate situations. A friend of mine blew up today, kind of out of nowhere, at me, and I am to the point where I don't even want to be friends with her anymore. Now, she is accusing me of not even trying to save this friendship, but to me, this friendship is no friendship because I would never treat a friend like she has me.
This realization has led me to other conclusions about life. What will happen will happen. Its so true. I am trying to let this go, but its hard. Having my mom here though through this is amazing. I never used to talk to her about my feelings, but have started to open up more. So in a way, this situation is letting me grow in other directions. Sorry for this rambler of a post, but I wanted to let my friends here know that I haven't forgotten you, I miss you, and I know I will be back, just not right away.

On a funny note, DH send me an email from work, telling me that if this friend was his wife, she would have been over his lap right away, getting the spanking of her life, which made me laugh out loud, leading my mother to ask why I am laughing. So I told her. And guess what?! She nodded her head and agreed with us 100%!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy the visit with your mom. We'll be here when you get a chance.

    Sorry about your friend. It hurts when a person you trusted turns out to not be worthy of that trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Unasked for advice): Some friendships aren't worth saving, even when you've been friends a long time. So if it's time to let this one go, allow yourself do that.

    If you haven't done it already, while your Mom is here please go to a book store and find a good "grandparent" book that she can take back with her to fill in at her convenience and send back to your girls. There are a bunch of them to choose from that ask all kinds of questions that you would never even think to ask her about her life. I learned some surprising things about my own parents from the one they gave my daughter. And she will be able to treasure it forever. Her child is two now and someday she will share the story of my late mother's life with him, in part, by having that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But always appreciated! (the advice)
      And that is a great idea, I already went on the German Amazon, and will order one for her upcoming birthday. Thanks so much for the idea! Now I wish I could have done that with my grandmother. I wish I had known more about her life as well.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying your visit! Nice that you can lean on her with the friend situation, and it sounds like she has a good sense of humor too;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she really does! Thanks Tess!

      Delete
  4. Have fun with your mom. And good for you for realizing that some friendships aren't meant to continue...I think that's a hard one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a hard one, but with friends, you get to choose, family of course is different, and even though some friends feel like family at some point, it turns out that is not always so. Kind of a hard lesson, but one that everybody should learn at some point. Thanks Renee!

      Delete
  5. Hi Julia,

    Enjoy your time with your Mom. I'm glad you are having a great time together and are connecting. I love her reaction to the comment from DH!

    I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your friend and glad your Mom is there to talk to. It's so hard when these things happen with friends.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised with her reaction too. Thanks Roz. :)

      Delete
  6. Julia I love DH's response. And that you told your mom!! ;) It is so hard to let go, I'v ehad similar things and even though the person wasn't who you thought they were, it still hurts. Almost like a "loss" or something.

    Also love the pic. Your toenails match the water. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that comment of his was the first thing to make me smile that day. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like your mom has an awesome sense of humor, and I bet you two had a good laugh out of that response! Like Riley said, I love the picture! Looks like a very beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does, and it was so beautiful that day...

      Delete
  8. Sorry about your friend. I would rather have my mom then any of my friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Blondie. And I was lucky enough to have her here during this time too.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!