Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Getting Ready

We are gearing up to take our family to our annual family gathering in another close by state....We are looking forward to some much needed, and I would even say deserved, time together. No work. No stress. Just sun, pool, lake, fun, and family.
This year will be the first time I was waxed before wearing a swim suit. Like ever! So yesterday, in preparation for my waxing appointment, I went swim suit shopping! I should add that I have lost some weight, and my old swim suit was starting to hang off me. (Let alone my skirt for my outfit
....)

As I was standing in the store, looking at all these choices, I noticed that I never even considered a white bottom before because I just don't find a white swim suit of any kind attractive if there is pubic hair peeking out. And since I had never waxed before this year, that was always my problem. White means clean and perfect to me.
Then I thought of how much DH likes me in just white panties, so I figured why not?

Why shouldn't I be the one to wear a white bathing suit bottom?

I bought it, in a teen size. Running sure gives definition to one's bottom.  :)


This morning lying in DH's arm for the first time in weeks because he has been getting up very early, we were just talking, and enjoying the silence of the house. We talked about the upcoming trip, what needs to be done, and how to get ready. We talked about what we are looking forward to the most, and I have to admit, I miss swimming and am really looking forward to it now that my kids can swim and are not clinging to me every second anymore.
"I have a surprise for you." I told him.
"I know..." he was referring to the smoothness he hadn't inspected yet because I was just too sore and sensitive last night to enjoy showing him.
"Another one, but you can't get out of bed." And off I went, to the dresser. I saw him watching me. I smiled. "Okay, close your eyes." Big grins on both our faces.
And for the first time, I tried on the bottom piece and it fit perfectly. I felt great!
"Open." I said.
And he did.
He didn't say anything, but his eyes were glued to my bottom half.
I love being married to this man. We have been together for a really long time now, at least to me, and it is amazing to me that he can still make my heart skip a beat. And apparently I can still induce the gaping mouth and speechlessness.

I hope everybody is having a great summer! (Or Winter?) Well we are finally enjoying some nice warm sunshine on our side of the planet!

And btw, here is a link to a nice blogpost regarding Brazilian waxing.

24 comments:

  1. So how do you like the Brazzilian wax? I've been getting them for about a year now. The more you get, the less they hurt.

    Hope you have a great vacation. Enjoy!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it and always am amazed at how much I like it once it is all fresh and clean again. Love it! But last time I don't think I did the aftercare correctly, so this time I looked it up again, hence the tips on the bottom!

      And thank you Kim!

      Delete
  2. Oh i havent gone swimming in forever! Do have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you so should! I love being in the water, really excited, lol.

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo! Have a great vacation Julia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been ages since I've waxed. Makes me want to cross my legs just thinking about it! You guys have a fab holiday :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, it really does hurt, but the results are just so worth it! Thanks Dee! :)

      Delete
  5. I hope that you have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do Brazilian's too- every 4 weeks and they really don't hurt that much as you continue to go- plus I trust my technician so that helps!

    I also run (every day) so glad to see another runner on the blogs.

    Isn't it great when you can still make their hearts jump?

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my technician too, I always make sure to see the same one.

      I run three times a week. At the end of last summer I finally decided I wanted to give it a try, bought good shoes, and DH set my goal of three times a week of some kind of exercise. It has turned into three times a week of running. Every day would be hard I think, on the other hand, I think I am ready to add on more, just need some motivation, or maybe summer just needs to end first. :) How long have you been running?

      Delete
    2. I have been running for 9 years now and once I started doing races and Marathon's I got hooked! So I run 6 days now with one day off to rest and if I have a race coming up I usually follow a training program. My next one is a 5K in October and then a 1/2 Marathon in Nov.
      3X a week is great and as long as you are doing strength training in between that is all you really need. It is hard in the summer. This heat sucks, but it should be cooler here in the East by Sunday. I am looking forward to it. Have a great trip!

      ~faithful

      Delete
  7. It is do nice to be married to someone who finds you amazing! I love that part too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fantastic vacation Julia!

    I'm counting the days till spring here ... sigh :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually count the days till spring too. Hang in there!

      Delete
  9. Hi Julia

    sounds like someone is going to have a stellar vaca. lol enjoy it kiddo

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. You GO GIRL! A teen size? I'm impressed. And jealous.

    Poor DH. He's gonna have a heck of a time concentrating at work today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be honest, it was xl but from the teen section. Either way, I am proud! And yes, he left early, and it is a very anxious day all around the house too!

      Delete
  11. A teen size!! I'm so jealous!!! Congrats, that's awesome.

    I love his reaction to you :)

    Have a great vacation. You 2 deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waxing scares the snot out of me Julia! Oh I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy that bathing suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a good trip, and congratulations on your tight teen sized ass. ;)

    ~PB

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!