Saturday, August 3, 2013

Some Motivation Perhaps?

This morning was a slow one. Well at least for me. My wonderful husband got up way earlier than me and let me sleep. He took care of the whole house and I really just slept. I felt wonderful, a little lazy, but okay with it. When I woke up, I invited him in with me, teasing him, showing him one naked body part at a time.
After some sweet love making, I knew I had to get up and get dressed to go running. I have slacked a little this week, and am running out of days to accomplish my number of times for this week.

"Well, get up and get dressed my love, you need to go running this morning." DH said.
"I know." getting tired just thinking about getting up and going running. "But not yet."

He sat with me again, but I knew my time was running out.
"I have no motivation," I whined a little, but not really. I was just not ready yet.

"Okay, I can fix that!" And he left our room. As I am lying there, enjoying the laziness of our bed for another moment, I realize what he is doing. I hear him distract the children with something, sending them to the other side of the house. Oh Shit! I realized what he meant, leaped out of bed, got into my running clothes. I hear him set the timer for the children. I am putting on my shirt over my sports bra as he walks into our room. And I start grinning at him.

"I found my motivation, thanks Sweety!" I beam up at him.

And he can't help himself and starts smiling too.

"Nicely done my love. I was going to get the wooden paddle out and everything, just so I could motivate my naughty girl."

And I did go running, and It felt great. But it is amazing how long these feelings stick around from when I hated working out as a teenager. The feeling of dread for PE always comes back up, and as soon as I am in my running clothes I feel great. Silly me~!

19 comments:

  1. The first mile or two- not fun , especially early in the AM, but you do feel much better after.

    I am lucky? that my dog doesn't allow for unmotivated days and most days I am happy about that.

    Although a wooden paddle would motivate me too!

    ~faithful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite honestly, any other implement would have been okay because I like most of what we have and how he uses them, but that wooden paddle? No no... The run was a bit of a drag, but got better toward the end.
      Thanks faithful.

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia,

    Sounds like a wonderful start to the day :) Glad you .. um .. found some motivation for the run and bet you felt good afterwards. Yep, a wooden paddle would do it for me too! LoL. I understand the initial dread, I used to feel the same about PE as a teenager.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of glad that I am not the only one still feeling this way, lol. He spanked me last night instead, but left the wooden paddle in its hiding place. :)

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way. I have the same PE feelings. i keep thinking that those feelings will change. so far, i still have the initial dread feeling. It's hard to get going and like Faithful said, the first is hard. But then it gets better. And you always feel better when you're finished. Sleeping in, sex, run - sounds like a great morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great morning for sure! And kind of glad I am not the only with still feeling the dread.

      Delete
  4. I think you were smart to jump! I am always happy when I work out ....after. Getting motivated is hard. That is why I am heavier now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah I think so too. And I always feel great after, and still....

      Delete
  5. I know exactly what you are saying. Getting started is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first 10 minutes are the hardest, after that I'm usually good to go....usually! But I bet if my H worked out with me, holding onto a wooden paddle, I would be more likely to always be motivated!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the wooden paddle will motivate me for sure! Even the leather one would have, lol!

      Delete
  7. I've always thought the hardest part about working out is putting on the workout clothes. Glad to hear DH was able to help you out...without even laying a finger no less ;) Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the clothes are it for me too!

      Delete
  8. LOL, it is amazing how quickly you found your motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I love how you found your motivation without even having to be spanked! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!