Friday, September 27, 2013

And I am back home.

Hello Blogland! I feel like I have been gone forever, and I have missed you!

But quite honestly, I had a great time with my friends. Leaving alone the way I did, I was a bit intimated, I mean I hadn't done that in a long while, but as soon as I was actually on my own, of course, I was fine.

It was fun seeing my friends. These two are the best friends I have ever had, and it was so nice to spend time with them away from normal life.
San Francisco is of course beautiful. We were very lucky with the weather and only had sunshine. My friends being from Europe also meant that we didn't do any of the bus tours, but instead opted to walk. A lot. I brought my running shoes, and I am glad that I did. We walked all over the city for two days straight. And had a blast. It was hard work, but when you are with people you love, the time just goes by. However, I do have to admit that I am glad I have been running. I never got tired. In high school, I was the one out of shape that would break down and need a break. But not this time.

After our days in SF my friends asked me if it would be ok with us if they came home with me. They had wanted to come anyway, just a week later. I didn't tell them of course right away, because I really wanted to ask DH, but he only laughed, having been amazed at their traveling itinerary anyway. And now they are here. My two worlds have collided. I love it. I love having them here. I love talking to them for hours just like we used to.

And yesterday, we went to the thrift store, cause we loved the thrift store, and without looking for myself, I found myself a little black dress. New. For $6. That I FIT INTO!   Happy Julia!


I hope you all have a great weekend! I have missed you guys and look forward to coming back to blogland soon!

18 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a great time with your friends. Oh, and way to go on the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're back safely and still having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time with friends and a sunny San Francisco. What a treat

    To find a little black dress for $6.00, the sun really was shining down on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I have never owned a dress that made me fell as sexy as this one, lol!

      Delete
  4. Look at you big girl, going all by yourself with DH!!!! hehehe So happy for you Julia that you had fun and got to see your friends.

    I got a question for you....you said that your 2 worlds collided.....do your friends know about your world with DH?? If so, what do they think? If not, are you hiding it, and how's that going??

    Subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subrina,
      I was referring to them being here in this world of mine in general. They hadn't visited me yet in the last eleven years, and I honestly hadn't thought of them every making it. However, they have seen hints of our dynamic, but just take it as this is how we are. In fact, they said that when they knew me before I came, I was always unhappy, and then after meeting DH, I started to smile every time they saw me.
      We have also talked about sex, 50 Shades, anal, and bjs, and its fun to do so with young females who like having sex just as much as I do!

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time away and that you are having a blast with your friends. Little black dress for $6 - that's awesome! :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am very happy about that dress too! Thanks Roz!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like such a great time! I was just there and I know how much walking you do! The dress find so cool. I love thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, and yes, it was so much walking, up and down...

      Delete
  7. Welcome home Julia! Those times with old friends are pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! That sounds like such a nice time visiting. Congrats on the dress. Everyone needs a LBD (little black dress!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I am so happy to have one now!

      Delete
  9. Julia,
    I've just found your blog and I really appreciate your open and honest style of writing. There's a lot to learn here and think about. Thanks for sharing. Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate for commenting. That really means a lot to me. :)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!