Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Keep Calm and....

Very fitting for us, I have to admit.


That is what DH decided needed to happen. I honestly wasn't in the mood after all that but figured why not do what I don't feel like and see if that helps us reconnect.
So he send me to the closet. I went. Could have done that more gracefully I am sure, but he followed me right away, and asked me to pull down his pants as he stood in front of me. Men are different. That physical connection is just so important. I need it too, but it is not as essential I think.

And so I did it. And I am glad I did it..Sometimes, the right thing to do is what doesn't feel right at first to get past something.

12 comments:

  1. glad you two are on the road to reconnection....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's part of submitting.....doing what you don't necessarily want to do but you do it because he has asked you to. That, sometimes, is a hard one for me. I am so spoiled and am so used to getting exactly what I want and when I want it. Glad you guys are making a reconnection.....hope it continues!

    subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I was thinking. He had asked it of me to reconnect. I had asked him to reconnect with me.

      Delete
  3. I agree with His_subrina, sometimes being submissive and submitting is accepting that sometimes its not always going to go or be the way we want or like at a particular moment but it seems that at these times its really when its most needed.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,

    Glad you two are reconnecting. I love your last sentence and agree with the others, doing what you don't necessarily want to do because he asked you is all part of submission.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, lol, but while in the moment, it is so easy to throw it in his face, but instead, I am so proud of him for saying what he needs, and proud of myself for reacting correctly for that moment. Thanks Roz!

      Delete
  5. Been there. I think ttwd has helped me see what he needs just as much as it has helped me see what I need. You're right, they need physical connection.
    hugs,
    elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess it took me a while to understand that I have needs that are not easily explained, but still there, and so does he!

      Thanks elle. We continue our growing journey. :)

      Delete
  6. I can relate to this lol. Glad you guys are reconnecting and expressing needs openly!

    :) Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great it worked for you. It can be so hard to try things that you're unsure of but glad it went well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!