Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Positive attitudes

Can you believe it is already the middle of October? It seems that the years seem to go by faster as I get older. And honestly, I don't even think I am that old yet. But I can already see what my great-grandmother always talked about when I was little. I remember having to go on a three-hour car ride to reach my grandmother's house, and her mom lived close by. Back then, those three hours seemed endless, like literally I remember the time just not passing, but as I get older, time is the only thing you can really rely on. It always passes no matter what, and it is up to me to make the time count.

I think I have always kind of thought that way, but as time seems to go by faster, I try to give it even more effort to really make sure I am happy with my life, the day, the opportunities, chores, everything. I guess this is what one could call a positive attitude?

And I have been doing that about ttwd too. Since our little "weird clapping sounds" incident, there hasn't been much spanking. At least not to the extend both DH and I would like. But at the same time, we have other things going on. I have been focusing more on my children again when they come home from school, the stepson is still here, but doing pretty well, and DH and I are doing well too. We are just not having any kinky sex at the moment. But for whatever reason, that is okay with me at the moment simply because it has to be, and I know opportunities will present themselves, and as long as I know that DH feels the same way I do about this and will use the opportunity, I can wait. Positive attitude. I like it!

12 comments:

  1. As an aside, I read somewhere, the reason why time passes quicker as you get older is because of your point of reference.

    To a five year old kid a year makes up 20% of their life, so that year seems pretty damn long. To an almost thirty year old (don't know your age guessing/trying to remember) a year is almost 3.5% of your life so it goes by quicker. As you get older that number will drop.

    Who knows if it's true or even provable, but it makes intuitive sense to me.

    ~PB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that does make sense. Very cool, I had never thought of it this way.
      I am 29. :D

      Delete
  2. I like your optimism Julia:) Life is so short...gotta go with the flow and enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess, might as well right?

      Delete
  3. Optimistic is the way to be. It always leaves you open to endless possibilties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive attitude always makes for a happier life! I'm glad your enjoying all the small things and are happy.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear an update, even if it doesn't involve crazy kinky spanking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have to admit, I am a little sad that I can't update with that, but oh well. Our time will come. Thanks Renee!

      Delete
  6. Hi Julia,

    I love your optimism, good for you! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying all those little moments. Time sure does seem to speed up doesn't it? I like the comment from PB above, it does seem to make sense.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, life just gets in the way. But, that said...when you two do get some time alone together, it will be great and likely very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!