Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Growing pains

What a lovely morning we have had in our part of the world. So lovely in fact, that I ran outside into the cold with my camera this morning wearing only boots and a robe to take pictures of our beautiful sunrise. So I wanted to share.

When I was little, my mother would always tell us that whenever the sky was red at sunset or sunrise during the month of December, that was because the angels were already busy baking cookies for Christmas. I still think that was a lovely sentiment, and one I am happy to let my children grow up with too.

And hard not to on a morning like this morning.
Can you see the mountain peeking through the trees? Click to enlarge

DH and I are in a good spot at the moment, even though we had a huge blowup yesterday that started with me graduating finally and looking at my student debt, therefore feeling very down and beat. Instead of putting his big arms around me and telling me we will be okay, he started freaking out too about our finances, and we helped each other spiral down together, ending with a mad spanking with the glow paddle. I was so mad at him, I started crying in frustration, leaving him to feel overwhelmed once again, and walking away from me. I got even madder, walked into our bathroom and mumbled something about aftercare and how awesomely he did with that. Again. "Great job buddy, I feel wonderful," while still having tears streaming down my face.
I was in fact so mad at him, I told him that maybe he needed an attitude adjustment, and he was welcome to bend over the bed. I know, right? I did. I really did say that. But you know what happened next?

He put his big arms around me. "I am sorry Sweety. I am sorry I got overwhelmed by this." He smiled looking right into my eyes. "Of course we are going to be okay, seriously. And no to the offer."
I must have shocked him out of it. Seriously. So much for going Rogue!!! (Btw, where is Rogue?)

I asked him for permission to write about this, thinking that it doesn't portray him as very strong, however, after thinking about it, it portrays him as a person just like everybody else, and I think it also shows how much he has changed and become stronger. At least to me.

Lastly, I wanted to write about one more thing. DH had this awesome idea for a story, a spanking story that is, and I have persuaded him to post something here as a little holiday gift to our readers. I have already read a little of it and think it is a very cute and funny idea...stay tuned!


29 comments:

  1. my loans came due a month ago and no job, yet. I was able to defer. call and talk to them.

    congrats on graduating. that is huge! be proud of yourself.

    your husband may have reacted wrong, but he reacted right when it was addressed. that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you haven't found anything yet. I may have found something from home for now, we will see how that works out, but I don't start until January, and thank goodness, my loans are not due for another six months.
    And thank you for saying so, I do feel proud of myself. And my GPA, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!!!!

    Yep even Dominant's have "those" days. All in all it sounds like it worked out perfectly!

    Can't wait to read the story....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. And so far, its pretty fun, and nothing like I have seen out there....:)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on graduating! Student loan debt certainly is a scary thing. I hope you
    can work out some sort of financial plan that will make it all more manageable for you both.

    Even though you had a blow up together, I loved the part where he said "and no to the offer"
    with regards to him going over the bed for a spanking. I sometimes offer to spank SM and
    he always says no, then usually spanks me for asking too! lol

    Glad you two made up,

    Hugs,
    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah student debt is incredible, to pay that much for an education.
      I think he realized that I really meant it when I offered, and knew that I kind of had a point too.....
      But I am glad we made up quickly too. When I have said anything related to spanking him before, I usually am the one on the receiving end, but I think yesterday we were just to raw for more for either one of us.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on graduating, how proud you must be and rightly so.

    I wouldnt have worried about this portraying him as not being a 'strong' man, because if anything it says how strong he is, he has supported you, and im sure is as proud as you are on your graduation....my gran once said to me that a strong man is a man that isnt afraid to show his emotions.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true what your gram told you, and something not many people seem to understand. Thanks Tori!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on graduating. What a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. Enjoy what you have achieved and try not to worry about the debt....for now!

    That was sweet to read that you see the changes DH is making. It can be frustrating when they falter, but they are human just as we are. Sometimes we expect hem to be perfect because they are the DH/Dom/HOH. They are going to make mistakes too, and I think he recovered very well! Kudos to DH!!

    Looking forward to the story! Is this a fiction story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Subrina, thank you very much. And it is hard when they falter, but it just reminds me that he is just a person with problems and growing pains.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on graduating Julia, that is a wonderful achievement and you should be very proud of yourself.

    I'm sorry about the blowup, and so glad it was resolved. I don't think this portrayed DH as not being strong and I think it's wonderful that you are able to see the changes in him. Very much looking forward to the story!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz, you guys are all so sweet and uplifting!
      The blowup was weird, like a big flare of fire coming out of nowhere and receding instantly. Strange, lol!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on graduating! Student loans can be stressful and overwhelming but sounds like you both handled it well in the end.

    It takes a strong man to acknowledge and say he is sorry.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, and I agree, it really does. He wasn't always able to do that.

      Delete
  9. I think this portrays him as perfectly human, which we all are in our own ways. LOL love the polite no to the "offer" hee hee. Congrats on graduating...try to focus on the accomplishment right now...you guys will be okay:) Beautiful sun rise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tess, and I usually am really good at focusing on the positive, its just sometimes the negatives seem to overwhelming. But things are already looking up!

      Delete
  10. Nothing makes me more melty than when my husband apolgizes and makes things right.

    Congratulations Julia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie, and I know exactly what you mean. :)

      Delete
  11. I have to chime in with your readers: CONGRATULATIONS on graduating (with HONORS)!!!! This achievement has been a HUGE task, and sacrifice, and I can't tell you how proud I am of you. I love you, sweety. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love. So glad to be done with that part of all of our lives!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations of graduating! And with honors!! That's a huge success. You'll be fine with your loans, get a deferment, my daughter got one last year.
    Rogue shut down her blog. Go check out Christine's post about it at Red Booty Woman. Sad to see her go and I hope she comes back.
    Holla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ON graduating. My typing skills seem to be on a downward spiral lately.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for pointing me to her blog HD..I was still very sad to see her go like that, and hope that I will never feel like that is my only option...

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your graduation!! It makes me so happy to read about things going wrong and getting fixed so well all in the same night. You and DH are a beautiful couple. Thanks for being willing to share it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say Renee. :D

      Delete
  14. Congratulations, Julia! Student loan debt is awful and seems to be a nightmare most of us are having to struggle with--so know you're in good company! And how fortunate you both are--it takes strength to apologize, and being human means getting overwhlemed--there was frustration, love, humor--sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saoirse. It is sad that student loans and debt is such a normal thing here in the US, but I wanted to live here, and go to college. I am so proud of myself for accomplishing that. My 16-year-old self would be very pleased to see it all worked out so far. :)

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on graduating!! :-)
    But yeah, finance dramas are such a nuisance, huh? Glad the issue at hand was resolved though, I don't think it portrays DH as anything but strong if in the moment he knew what you needed. All the best with everything Julia, I'm a new follower so will hopefully keep up to date with goings on, have a great Christmas!

    -RR Blondie
    (blindfoldedwithsilk.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much RR Blondie, and you are right, it seems finances should just never have to be an issue, sadly though, that is not realistic.

      And thank you for actually commenting too!

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!