Tuesday, December 31, 2013

To a Happy New Year!

Happy New Years my fellow bloggers and lurkers out there!
I am not sure I mentioned this last year, but New Year's resolutions are not really my thing. Therefore, I will not be making any, simply because I just don't believe that this new day in the new year can make you do things you don't want to really do.
For example, dieting, sure the first few days of January might go well, but after that, you are still responsible for watching out for yourself. Just like any other day of the year.
Follow me on Tumblr

I just went running. My 5k route since I figured I should end the year on a high note.
Actually I am having a hard time thinking that the beginning of 2013 was just this year, crazy. We started the year in Germany. We went through our ups and downs doing this thing we do. DH lost his job. We made it out stronger as a couple. I lost two (what I thought were good) friends, making me re-evaluate just who I want in my life. DH lost another job. We clung to each other and our strength. Financial hardship. I graduated with my BS with honors, GPA 3.93. We fought. We loved with all that we have.

I can't quite say 2013 was a bad year because it really wasn't, at least not in a personal sense. Reading Kim's post the other day, reminded me of this post of mine from August. I was at that point she describes, giving up expectations simply because they weren't met anyway and I would have rather had a good relationship with my husband than being pissed at him constantly for not stepping up enough.

Well, for anyone who knows that stage I am sure you know this too: Giving up expectations was the best thing I could do because it finally gave DH the opportunity to do it his way or not at all, and we have been doing fairly well since. Mostly.

Sorry for this all over post, I am still breathing a little hard, but while I was running, I was thinking of all the things I wanted to blog about. Like yesterday. The kids turned out to have two playdates: One in the morning, leading to some awesome hanging out and watching Sons of Anarchy followed by a spanking on our red couch. DH had me lie on his lap, and he used his left hand to spank me. Ouchie but so intense and personal too.
The other one in the afternoon, which led to a very hot quickie on our bed. All in all, a very nice day for the end of the year and clearly a great indication of great things to cum!


Happy New Year everybody!

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Sweety! There are too many personal highlights that YOU hit to count, but graduating with honors, enduring my son, handling my job changes, and kicking ASS with our finances are among the top 10! You inspire me to be my best. We're gonna KILL 2014. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Well, 2013 certainly has been a journey for many of us. I know that you had many changes in your life during 2013 but you and DH came out very strong through those changes. I just know that the two of you will have a kick ass 2014:)
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you are so sweet. :) happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Change is growth and we hate suffering through those growing pains but they end up being so worth it. Sounds like nothing but blue skies ahead for you in 2014 - with a few cloudy days possible. Have a wonderful New Year and congrats on that degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, but while it is happening, it doesn't feel like growth, it just is painful. Thanks for reminding me of that sunnygirl. :)

      Delete
  4. I am in awe of your gpa. You have set the bar mighty high for your girls by example. I have no resolutions or words of wisdom to offer you. I'm just glad you are both there and honored to call you "friend." Have an AWESOME New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks rednakedy. I didn't set out to have such a high GPA, actually at the beginning I didn't even know what it was.

      I feel the same way. Thank you for being there and happy New Year to you and your husband. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you both! Wishing you all the very best in 2014. I hope it is an awesome year for you :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Roz, and the same to you!

      Delete
  6. Love your honesty, Julia. I can relate -- 2013 brought many ups and downs for us, too. I'm glad you two are doing well now. Here's to an amazing 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jason Girl, and I wish the same to you guys!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Julia! Congrats on your great gpa and for sticking together with your DH through all the rough spots in 2013. I hope 2014 brings much better things still!

    sara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I saw a lady with braids like yours the other day and thought of you. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sara, you are so sweet. :)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!