Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hot and Cold

Hi, DH here.  Julia has been sick for the last few days, poor Sweety!  She caught the junk going around, and she has NOT been feeling well.  But even sick, she's been working hard and getting everything done.  It's amazing.  I've tried to be supportive, and she's made it so easy.  Last night, I cut my workout short in the woodshed so I could come in and cuddle her before she fell asleep.  She was cold and hot at the same time, although she didn't seem to have a fever.  She says she's feeling better today, so I'm hoping she's on the mend!

This morning, we chatted with one of the other parents at the bus stop.  She complained about her "friend" that blamed her for sick kids after a play date with her kids.  She went on and on about how it wasn't her fault, and this woman was making her feel bad for something that happened to everyone.  I realized as I drove in to work this morning that I am so happy that I don't have to deal with these behaviors as the Head of My Household: I would spank Julia hard for complaining like that about ANYTHING in public, and I would paddle her with our heavy wooden paddle if she ever bullied another person into feeling badly about children.

Not that I would ever need to.

January is flying by so quickly, it's hard to believe.  We're having nice, mild weather over here on our side of the country - heartfelt warm wishes to those who are cold in the latest Arctic Blast.  Here's hoping you can find a way to get hot, even though it's so cold.  ;)


12 comments:

  1. Wishing Julia a speedy recovery.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DelFonte, I feel a little better today, actually felt like having one coffee today, unlike the last few days...
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Yes, the weather is unusually gorgeous here in the pacific Northwest! Blessings on Julia for quick healing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is just amazing here in the PNW. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Glad Julia is starting to feel a bit better and wishing her a speedy recovery.

    My thoughts are with those affected by the extreme weather. Stay safe and warm!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz - we had a "recovery" weekend, and even a spanking this morning! I think she's almost back to normal. :)

      Delete
  4. Aw, i hope Julia feels better soon!! And i agree with your views about those and their moaning.

    All the best to you both

    -RR Blondie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI RR - thanks! She is definitely on the mend! :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear Julia isn't feeling well! Hope she is all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Julia feels better soon. I am here in the freezing cold weather! Glad you all are staying warm!!
    I hate malicious complaining too, however sometimes a vent to purge is okay if it is cleansing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so sweet of you to be taking care of Julia! I hope she feels better soon, I miss her!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!