Monday, January 27, 2014

I don't like being sick, but who does?

Thank you guys for all my well wishes. I am feeling better, but this cough is holding on way too long. I always forget just how miserable I feel when I am sick. I think it may have something to do with how being sick was when I was little. My mom was too busy to dote on us when we were sick, and I don't remember every being spoiled because I was sick. And that is exactly what DH does. This weekend, I took two naps and he made sure to help with anything I wanted help with. Which is amazing all by itself because for some reason I woke up on Friday and picked a fight with him.

Backing up.

Okay, Friday morning, kids are out of the house, and for some reason (I am going to have to blame it on being sick and starting work in the same week), I was not happy with him. DH is always busy, he works long hours, has a long commute each way every day, and does not always have time to follow up on things. Well, for some reason (I really don't know why) the fact that he hadn't followed up on one thing really had gotten to me, and I picked a fight Friday morning. Kids were gone, stepson out, we were alone, and yelling at each other. He was not trying to see my point of view, and I was certainly not looking at his. He got so angry with me and my attitude, he walked toward the bed, ready to straighten it out so I could lie on it.

Well that was not going to happen. He was mad. We still had not actually communicated effectively. (Mostly because I had no idea where it was all coming from, even though I started it). And I told him No. I was not going to lie over his lap and get a spanking for this. He was mad, we had not resolved anything, and it would have been just a venting spanking in which my bottom would have paid the price. And feeling and coughing the way I did, I didn't think it was fair either.

DH couldn't believe it. "That is not very submissive of you." He later told me he felt like I had taken back consent, and told me he wouldn't spank me again.

A few minutes later, we finally got to a better place, without the spanking, and he left for work. And I started to feel bad. Seriously guilty. I had done all that. I had created all that drama. All day, I thought about the morning, tried to think of what set me off. I prepared his favorite dinner, cleaned the house, worked as many hours as I could trying to please him.

When he finally got home late, cause he had left late, I had put out his clothes and had his pizza coming out of the oven. We talked. I think he noticed that I really wasn't feeling like myself, and he cut me some slack. I sat by his feet. We talked more.
And this morning, at 6 am I got the spanking I deserved. But even though we had to wait a while, we managed to have a good weekend, and both felt ready to return to the week.


14 comments:

  1. wow great post my love sorry my shift key is not working or i would add some punctuation heh yeah all bets are off when you are sick face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking care of me and making me feel like a sick princess. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, well I'm so glad you're feeling better! I hope the pain in the butt cough goes away soon. It was nice that he cut you some slack since you weren't feeling yourself, but in the end it seems like it was taken care of the way you both needed it to be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie, yes it was. For the most part. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. The cough is hard to kick, I swear it was around for at least 18 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I was reading the other day, that many people have a cough for about 18 to 20 days...I am only at like half of that. Lots of dry coughing ahead still.

      Thanks sunnygirl!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better Julia and hope you kick the cough soon. I'm glad DH took such good care of you and cut you some slack

    Happy to hear it sounds as though things have been resolved between you and that things are back where you want them to be.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz, my sickness is affecting our dynamic though...here is to getting 100% again!

      Delete
  5. Glad you're getting better. And you know, sometimes cranky is just, well, cranky. Weigh in HOHs....do you never just feel cranky? And are we not entitled to feel cranky ourselves every once in a while? ESPECIALLY if we are getting sick?

    Hope the cough gets better quickly. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't want to say I am super special or anything (Lol, I totally am) but I don't really get cranky, well usually not. Or, at least it takes a long time to get me there...

      Thanks rednakedy

      Delete
  6. Julia,
    How can I send you a personal email behind the blog?
    Do you have a working email address? My email is on my site. I have some things I want to share.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meredith,

      I saw you emailed me yesterday and responded, did you not get that email? Anyway, I send another one a moment ago...:)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hate having colds, they just take forever to get over. I'm glad that you two resolved things and that your starting to feel better.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!