Monday, March 17, 2014

Everloving

Its already past the middle of March again, and the days are getting longer again. I am never sure how that happens that quickly, I mean, weren't we just still in the Christmas spirit?

However, I do know one reason why time is going by so quickly: We are going to Germany in April!

I think having that to look forward to during the dreary months is a lifesaver. Usually I go ahead with the girls, and then DH comes after about a week. That way my whole family gets me a few days alone, but everybody gets to see him too. Only this time, we were tired of flying alone, without him, and being there without him, so we decided on  a shorter stay, but together.
And the funny thing? Absolutely everybody is thrilled that DH is coming with us right away even though it means a shorter stay.
The last two times I went back home, it was in the middle of winter, and this time, there is the chance of actually being able to go outside and do stuff too, even if its just sitting around in the yard watching the children speak their German/English with the cousins while roaming my moms big property.

But as every time, going on vacation comes with a price, lol. DH is not good at getting ready to leave his home. He likes to plan ahead and set himself all these goals of things to do before to get ready, and then seems to forgot about the right now aspect. He has been very busy, including still writing on his story, which I am super excited about. I mean he has told me the plot a little, and I have helped him get over a few hurdles, but otherwise I try to keep him from telling me more. Since I actually want to read it when its done!

There hasn't been much going on in the spanking department. Yesterday, DH announced he will keep track of my running again from now on, since its been a bit spotty over the winter, although really not for lack of wanting too, more like, wasn't able to because of a cough and the cold air, ice, snow,  RAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN.
I may have not reacted as if that was something I was interested, but it is. In situations like that, I am fast to try and defend or distract to hide myself, and sadly, sometimes that works too well on DH. Which is why I have this blog! And to show my good faith, I will go running this morning!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to my American and Irish friends! To my oldest child's shock and horror, I grew up not celebrating this holiday in Germany....Her face was priceless....

What I was listening to while writing this:


15 comments:

  1. Aww, hi Sweety! Nice post! Have a good run.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to wait for the laundry before running. Don't have clean clothes, lol....:D

      Delete
  2. How sweet that DH comes by and comments! I do have to say, I am jealous that your going out for a run, as I am stuck on the sofa with a cold.

    You must be so excited to go see your family in Germany. Having a trip to look forward to does help the icky months go by.

    Happy st. Patrick's day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are sick, but glad to hear you are resting. Thanks Kim.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Kimberly! I hope you feel better today. :)

      Delete
  3. Wishing you and your family safe travels and s wonderful visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine! We are so excited to be going back to Germany, and our German family is very excited too!

      Delete
  4. Hope the time goes by quickly until the vacation and then hope it slows down to a crawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Sunny Girl... ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes, that would be perfect, thank you Sunnygirl!

      Delete
  5. Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thank you rednakedy! And I believe this is the correct reply: Tabhair dom an rud céanna mar atá ag an fhear ar an t-úrlar! ;) ;)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Somehow managed to remind me of that old When Harry Met Sally Scene......"I'll have what she's having!"

      Delete
  6. Safe travels Julia...it sounds pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Julia's behalf (she's sitting right here), allow me to say... thank you! I will do my best to keep her safe, although the missing 777 story is freaking us out.

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!