Thursday, July 31, 2014

Trust is a 145-way street

Hi!  DH here.  I'm sneaking in a short post on my lunch hour.  For one reason AND another, I haven't been able to write anything lately.  Super frustrating, lol.  But this post is finally bubbling out, and I'm almost helpless to stop it.

First things first.

A huge THANK YOU to all of our followers, and everyone who reads our blog.  We have really loved getting feedback and advice from all of you, and enjoyed every single conversation we've had.   It's been hard to walk the line between the protection of blogging anonymously, yet sharing enough of our experience to keep it legit.  As it turns out, Julia and I are pretty quiet people.  We don't have a lot of friends, and NO ONE (friends or family) outside of Blogland knows our secret.  

No one.

To a degree, that creates an alternate identify for both of us.  And, like every prominent super hero, I would love to admit who we are.

BATMAN: "I'm Batman."
IRON MAN: "I am Iron Man."
SUPERMAN: [To Lois Lane, in pretty much EVERY incarnation of the story] "I'm Super, Man!"

I say PROMINENT because Aquaman probably has a secret identity, but I don't know what it is.  In fact, I can't even make myself look it up right now.  Suffice it to say that there hans't been an Aquaman movie yet, so he hasn't had the big screen opportunity to say it loud:

"I'm Aquaman."

Not to say that we're super heroes in any way.  But, it would be disruptive to disclose where I work, and might get me fired, like that guy in Spokane who just had to be the first in line at the weed store even though he worked for a security guard company with mandatory drug testing.  My family would NOT understand our blog, and would try hard not to ostracize us after they found out about it.  Our kids might be at risk if we plastered pictures of them all over the internet.

You know what I mean?

And yet, we really do have this relationship that we blog about.  We never make up the dialog or the situations that we go through, which are often only funny in hindsight.  We don't have a lot of money, and both work for every dollar we get.  When we DO write a blog post, we try to reveal our inner lives - the dynamic at the heart of our relationship - without giving away the stuff around it.  We test ourselves too - both of us have asked the other if we took liberties with dialog after an especially "active" blog post.  ;)

So, dear readers, thank you again for sharing in our journey.  We won't tell you everything, but what we DO share is real, and honest.


Trust me.  :-D  

19 comments:

  1. Good to know. It really sucks when someone is faking who they are and for three years too. I understand perfectly what you are saying about keeping one lifestyle a secret and being discreet with the other. You two are great and I am glad that I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Blondie, I mean to do that for three years...It really shocked me more than I thought it would, and have been wondering after every post now if my readers ever think we are fake as well and that is why nobody comments, or whatever.
      Thank you Blondie, for what its worth, we love having this outlet. It has helped us to communicate and kind of make sense of emotions and going-ons...

      Delete
  2. I totally agree and thanks, Blondie! We love your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very real post and I think the majority of us in blogland are true to what is written, but it only takes one to make us all rethink everybody else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Leigh, yep exactly, and I also wanted to share how our trust goes inward too - Julia and I trust each other with EVERYTHING, and often, we're the only ones that know all of our secrets. Which are numerous. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I enjoy your posts, and I understand the whole secret Identity thing. My two worlds cannot collide without major repercussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. My parents were just staying with us last night. No spanking for Julia, even though they were WAY down the hall, lol...

      Delete
  5. Thank you DH:) I really enjoy your blog and your posts often give me food for thought. I totally understand the secret identity thing. I usually check with Rick when I write a post to ensure I haven't taken any liberties too. What we read is only a snapshot of the overall picture.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Yes! I agree with your snapshot analogy. It's kind of like that new ability they have now to remove elements from a picture after you take it - just to protect the identity of people that might be in the picture... ;)

      Delete
  6. WHEW! You really scared me for a minute there, DH. I thought you were leading up to saying you were shutting down this blog. That would be a HUGE disappointment.

    I think we all understand the need for privacy and for being discreet. I also understand how freeing it is to be able to be perfectly open and honest with "strangers" who are only strangers because we've never met. I for one appreciate both your and Julia's honesty and openness with us here. The two of you have grown to mean a lot to me. Keep writing. Please. And keep letting us read what you write.

    Have you ever thought about it---really thought about it---what you would say if someone made the connection and actually said something to you about it? Julia and I have 'talked' about that in emails. I decided I would say "What the heck kind of search word were YOU using when you found my shop? Oh wait, never mind. I shouldn't have asked that. After all I respect the privacy of your bedroom and sex life enough that it's really none of my business what you were looking for when you found it....." So far, I haven't had to use that line, but it's ready if I do. I think it says it all, on so many levels.

    Most of all, I strongly feel that nobody has the right to have any say in WHATEVER two consenting adults decide is good for THEIR sex life except those two people.

    Glad you're here,
    rednakedy






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi rednakedy! Yes to everything you just said. And no, we don't have any plans to shut down the blog, heheh! In fact, I'm planning on writing more (and adding more stories) over the next few weeks. My concern about being "discovered" is more about my work - I would hate for my employer to find out about my blog, as I don't think they would agree with it...

      Delete
  7. And P.S. I don't remember where I got the info from, but when I turned the page on my calendar today to August, I see that NEXT Friday is "Consensual Spanking Day." So please let me be the first to wish you and Julia a happy CSD, a week in advance. Now you have time to plan for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! Thanks for the heads up! We will have to take advantage of that, lol!

      Delete
  8. And a big giant thank you to both of your for being real and sharing with us what you choose to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog. I like the look inside a real DD relationship it gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous! Julia and I both try to share as much as we can. :)

      Delete
  10. YOU both know I love your blog. Both you and Julia have such similar outlooks as my Man and I, it's refreshing to read each post.

    I too find, like Julia, that when there aren't comments or I say something crazy that people don't see me/Us as real. Out of respect to each other and our children, my writing is limited, My Man and I know the full story, in and out, here in blog land....Cliff's notes only =)
    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Start following our signals right now and gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!