Saturday, August 9, 2014

5 Reasons Your Wife Won't Have Sex With You

I just read this great article on Huffington post,  5 Reasons your wife won't have Sex with you by Meg Conley. (I think it especially addresses couples with young children) I always get sucked into reading more than I originally wanted to because of their catchy sidebar.
Anyway, I wanted to update you all a little since I haven't been around much lately. I still sneak around here and there, but haven't felt the energy or inspiration to do it. Since now.
I also hurt my back again, and have been slowly healing now. I went to physical therapy once, and have been doing the exercises. So far I feel better, but then again, I always do after a few days sadly, make that weeks.
The reason this article spoke to me was because I recognized so many of these as things that led up to not having sex before starting ttwd!

1. Women need you to listen, they need you to remember and they need you to say thank you. We are not asking for much here.
This one is so basic, its silly. I mean, it should go without saying, listen to her, be interested in her, and then also remember! 

2. Take her out on a date at least twice a month. 
 Honestly, once is already awesome, if you can't managed twice. "Put on spiffy clothes and take her to a restaurant, museum, movie or stroll around downtown. Open her door and put your hand on the small of her back. Be the boy she fell in love with and she will be the girl that made your heart race. Making out in the car before driving home " (Conley, 2014).

3. If you want your wife to treat you like a man, you have to act like a man.


"Side note: If I hear one more of you say you are "babysitting the kids" while your wife is gone, I will start handing out copies of The Feminine Mystique. (And nobody wants that.) They are your kids as thoroughly as they are hers. You aren't babysitting, you are parenting. When she leaves don't make her feel guilty, don't ask her to take the baby with her (she will if she wants to) and don't text or call to ask when she is coming home. They are just children, for heaven's sake. I think you can handle it."


4. She needs a moment in each day that is just about her.
One moment of silence, a few minutes at the computer with nothing to do but start at Candy Crush is sometimes all it takes for me to get my cool back after the kids have talked my ears off all day.  :D

5. It isn't any blasted fun. 
"Women are more likely to want to have sex when an orgasm is involved and too often, it is not."

What do you guys all think?
The rest of the article can be found here!

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back Julia. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Interesting article. We all need to be listened to and pampered from time to time. Ooh, earing Father's refer to 'babysitting' their oen children urks me.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. Its hard being laid up, in pain, and do it day in and day out, but at least I feel better every day. So thank you Roz.

      I liked the article too. ;)

      Delete
  2. Seems like a bitter article to me. Perhaps there are a lot of guys like that. Perhaps there are a lot of guys today that act different.

    I hope you get well soon,

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Han,
      I agree, the article comes from a place of frustration I think. Which is exactly what spoke to me because my DH used to do a lot of these five things. Like babysitting our children...but I think it gives a nice spin on the other side of the coin, just why could it be that she doesn't want to?

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I hope your back heals quickly! I hate when I have back issues!
    Yea the babysitting thing... It's insidious how so many men and women describe taking care of the kids with dad that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle,

      Yeah I have been doing research on what bothers me, and it seems I should not go running until I am fully healed again. :(

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your back! Glad the PT and the exercises are helping. I'm in bed on a heating pad right now with back pain. Ugh, those backs!

    Dads babysitting their own kids is one of my biggest pet peeves. Especially when said babysitting is happening so I can go grocery shopping alone! It is so wrong to turn that back around as being some huge favor to mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, and that is just such a big turn off too, I mean who would want to have sex after that, lol.

      I am sorry you know what I am going through. I hope you feel better too!
      Btw, this was the first time I applied ice and not just heat, and it was very different, but definitely helpful.

      Delete
  5. I haven't visited your blog in a long time. I'm kind of returning to blogland and this caught my eye. I agreed with the points. And the whole babysitting thing irks me to no end. My hubby constantly says things like, "Oh...so I have to watch the kids?" Ugh - it's exasperating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Tomrose,
      Kind of funny how one tends to drift back and forth between wanting and needing to blog and, just, not, lol.

      DH used to do most of those on the list, but really doesn't anymore. It wouldn't even occur to him anymore, I am lucky, but honestly, I think it was the changing in our relationship, starting ttwd that started this path of complete honesty and understanding.

      Delete
  6. Julia, sorry about your back and that it will take weeks until it is fully healed sucks. I really hope you recover quicker than anticipated. Thank you for the article, and I don't want hubby to use the 'babysitting the kids' phrase ever. I watched the video in number 3 and this was hilarious, it almost made me splutter my tea on the screen. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and make dollars for every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!