Friday, October 3, 2014

Picture Friday - I am still here edition!

Hello blogland,

It has been such a long time that I have been able to take the time while also having something substantial to blog about. But tonight I am taking the time, I wanted to share some good news with
you, especially those of my readers who were with us last year during the time DH lost his job, twice within a few months of each other.
 As of next Monday, he is going to be starting a new job! And we are all super excited. He just finished his last day at the last one and it is fun to see him leaving a place with a good feeling. To see the confidence with which he walks and talks of this place and the new place, I have really enjoyed watching him grow into such a confident guy walking around!

Thank you all for you well wishes for me. My back or better yet, my butt and piriformis are feeling much better. My piriformis muscle is no longer pressing down on my sciatic nerve. I no longer have claws gripping my entire calf because I dared to stand for longer than
two minutes. It is so fun to be able to do normal things again without being in pain, fun to not be behind an everything in the household, and of course, fun to have actual sex again.

Don't get me wrong, we still had sex during my recovery, but it was more to take care of our connection than anything else.
To top it all off, during the worst of my back problem, our dog injured himself as well, and it was a grim place in our house for a while. We were not sure he was going to make it out of it alive. But he did. We all pulled through.

I have now gone running numerous times again already and am back to doing my normal run. Even if I do have to do a bit more walking than I had to before,I am happy with the progress so far.
I miss you guys, this place, the openness and honestness of my little thinking spot and I really hope to get back to it again now that things seem to be settling down again a bit.

What did I miss?

26 comments:

  1. Yay! To feeling good and getting back to normal. Whatever normal is!
    Congrats to DH on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, not even sure what normal is anymore. Waiting for life to settle down a little, and really enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to hubby for the new job. Also, that you have been recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I was just wondering about you and here you are ! :)

    Congratulations to DH on the new job, that is great news! So glad you are feeling better and that you are running again and things are returning to normal.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, yeah I have been lurking a tiny bit, but mostly keeping to myself while healing and recovering. Not sure what normal is anymore though....:D

      Delete
  4. Great hearing from you - and the good news - back better and new job.
    Love the first pic
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the first one too, especially when I click on it and it is all big. Beautiful shot.

      Delete
  5. =) been thinking about you and your piriformis =) Very glad you (and your puppy) are feeling better and back to running again.

    How exciting for DH to be moving to a new job that he is excited about. Good luck to him on this move!

    Terrific pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Pearl! I can still feel where my piriformis is after a long day, but it is definitely so much better!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back...love all the good news you have to share!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news is always great to hear. Glad things are going well for you and DH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, good news is always nice to hear. Thanks Leigh~

      Delete
  8. So happy to see that you are back and things are going well

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear things are going so well for you two! Welcome back, hope to see you around more.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. I really hope to have more time for blogland again too. Really miss this community and the strength and the fun things....

      Delete
  10. Hi Julia, congratulations to DH on the new job. It is great that you have recovered so well and I am glad that there are so many good news from you.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! ***(deep breath)*** YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

    So happy for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thanks rednakedy!

      Delete
  12. Julia!! I've missed talking with you and reading your blog! So happy to hear the good news, and I'm glad your pup is okay as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!