Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's cookie time!!!

I realized tonight that we have officially entered the hot phase before Christmas with social events lining up, presents are arriving and need to be wrapped, and cookies can be baked!

I posted this cookie recipe before, but figured I would again.  These are my favorite to make, the roasted walnuts really give it the extra flavor.

But I think before I make those this season, I will be making these Vanilla Kipferl. 
Growing up in Germany, we would always go and visit my grandmother and her mother for Christmas. Four generations of females with no males in sight as husbands and fathers had all passed on by then.
Anyway, when we got there, they would already have several types of Christmas cookies all made, including these. Very easy to make, check out the link!

Happy Baking!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, these sound and look so yummy Julia. Thank you for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipes and the memories. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, these are definitely yummy cookies. The Vanilla Kipferl are among my absolute favourites. Yummy. Thank you for sharing. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the yummy recipes and lovely memories Julia.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to binge read all your December posts after returning from a trip out of town. Glad you are doing well. And the cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!