Friday, December 19, 2014

Submission

I never thought we would reach this day, although it shouldn’t be surprising to meet a goal that has taken the better part of this year to reach.  Behind the scenes of our crazy-hectic lives, I’ve been writing a story that has turned into a book that I have now submitted to a publisher.

I’m a little nervous.

It’s not that I fear rejection - I am not sure the publisher will like what I’ve written, which may be more about the publisher’s interests than my writing.  My backup plan is to publish it right here on the blog, one chapter at a time.  I would love to become a writer, but I’m also realistic - I write code for a living, not words.  I don’t have tons of time to hone my craft.  In fact, I would not be exaggerating to say I’ve written the vast bulk of my story on the train, J.K. Rowling-in-a-cafè-style, on my way to work.  Before I started riding the train, I even tried talking into my phone as I was driving.  That material hasn’t made it into my writing yet because I can’t understand the garbled text.  I’ll have to use it for drunk yelling dialog.

In January, I told Julia that this is our year.  I outlined all the things we were going to accomplish, even though it sounded silly at the time.  But lo and behold, together we HAVE accomplished nearly every single item on our list, and we’re looking forward to an even brighter 2015.  It won’t be without problems, for sure, but I’m really challenging myself to be flexible, strong, and ready: I want to be the kind of guy that can handle anything that comes our way, and lead us forward.

Happy Holidays to all of you!  I sincerely hope that your respective years are closing happily. It's gotta be better than the end of 2013, for all of us :p





10 comments:

  1. Good job! I'm so happy for you. You've come a long way since before the days of d/s. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anonymous! I agree - I really _like_ the people Julia and I have both become. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi DH, that is fantastic news! I have really enjoyed the snippets of stories you have shared here. Wishing you the best with the publisher.

    Glad you and Julia have reached the goals you set at the beginning of the year, that's awesome :) Happy Holidays to you, Julia and family.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Thank you! I have loved posting those, and really liked the feedback too. Happy Holidays to you too! And to a fantastic 2015!

      Delete
  3. Great news and good luck in getting your book accepted. If it doesn't at first, don't be discouraged, there are other publishiers.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh, that is so encouraging! I am a total noob writer, so I haven't set my expectations very high, heheh. Happy Holidays to you and yours too!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! I'm sure it will all turn out wonderfully! Good for you on following through on your dreams!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thank you! You have been inspirational. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope that you will be the next author on the Best Sellers List. Wishing you only the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blondie! Thanks! I have to admit my goals are much lower, like, sell 1 copy! ;)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!