Monday, January 5, 2015

Resolved

Hi, DH here!  I hope everyone had a great New Year’s!  Julia and I had a very quiet New Year’s Eve.  I’m pretty sure we were both asleep by 10:30 or so, happy warm and content.  We’re not big partiers anyway, so it was just perfect for us.

Do you make New Year’s resolutions?  I was never a fan of this exercise until last year, when I decided that 2014 was going to be OUR YEAR.  I claimed that we were going to meet actual goals, like getting a new job and painting the house, and more importantly, we were going to have a great time doing it!  I’ve been home for the last 2 weeks, and we’ve had some really excellent family time, with plenty of looking back over the year to see how we did.

Looking forward at the new goals we’ve set, I’ve decided that 2015 is OUR YEAR. :-D

2015 is a little scary, though: Our big goal for Julia is a new job outside the home, which will drastically change our family dynamic.  It will be great to make more money, but we’ll all have to work harder to get everything done that she does at home.  We’re all going to have to get up earlier, do a few more chores, and increase our communication as a family to keep in touch.  I am NOT willing to let daycare raise our children, so we’ll all have to be flexible and keep a good attitude.

Nothing is more important than having a good attitude.

I have some personal resolutions too.  I’m still waiting to hear back from the publisher I’ve submitted my story too, but I’m planning on writing every day.  I want to become a writer, and writer’s write.  Right?  And on the same page, I’m resolved to blog more too.  I am also resolved to provide Julia with consistent, regular discipline, as we start our new adventure. 


How about you?  Any resolutions for the New Year?  Is this going to be Your Year too?  ;)

12 comments:

  1. OMG, our New Year's celebration sounds so boring, lol. You are too funny DH. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, bet that gets at least a few swats brave lady!

      Delete
    2. @Julia boring and perfect ;)

      @Clara heh not for that comment but she got a sound spanking this morning.

      Delete
  2. Hi DH, glad you have been having some wonderful family time. We are currently enjoying thr rest of our holiday time before going back to work.

    I love your goals, really enjoyed the bits of writing you have shared here. Good luck with the publisher!

    Wishing Julia and you all the best on the job front. It will be an adjustment for everyone.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Thank you for your kind wishes. I'm glad you also enjoyed your holidays! And yeah, back to work. We are optimistic about Julia's job prospects, but it will definitely be an adustment. Thanks for encouragement on my writing too. I hope this is a great year for you and yours!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Roz, its pretty quiet so far..Hope you are enjoying your last days together before its back to work for you too.

      Delete
  3. Always love to read here so more blogging sounds wonderful. I lost my job last year and I'm currently an old lady in school hoping for a new career. My resolution is to make it through the next year and a half in this venture. Hope the writing pans out. It sounds wonderful to work in something you love. Best New Year's wishes to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you lost your job last year, but sometimes that is all that is needed to start in a new direction, and it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing! Nice job!

      Delete
    2. Hi Clara! I am also sorry you lost your job, but going back to school and getting a new job can _work_, even at my age. The only problem will be paying off the scool loans before I die ;). I hope this year is truly awesome for you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Your resolution for a job outside of the home is pretty much what we are working on. It is hard to find work when I haven't worked outside of the house in a very long time. I have stayed at home with the kids since my oldest, who is 21, was born. I still have kids at home and they need to pitch in and help out more. Teens are just lazy and they don't care if they are living like slobs. Hopefully, they will pull their weight or we might have to charge them rent. Hmmm, maybe I won't have to work if we charge them rent. I will have to run that idea by Ty. I know, I know, I still need to find a job. It's a full time job just keeping the teens out of trouble.
    Hope your New Year is filled with lots of love, peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blondie! Teens ARE just lazy! Heh! My oldest is 23, and He Is Out! :) It's so much quieter in the house. We were charging him rent for the last few months, which I think really helped him get motivated to find his own space. I guess I'll never know. ;) I wish the very best for you and your family for this year! And I hope that includes finding a job. :-D

      Delete
  5. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Follow our signals right now and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!