Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hero pose

My Manager's boss reached out to me this morning for a quick meeting.  Ruh roh.  I've been through a TON of re-orgs, so I recognized the tone of the request right away.

"Oh SHIT, I'm fired," I told Julia.

"No!  CONFIDENT," she said.  "Do a hero pose!"

Ugh.  That's where you stand with one leg extended as far back as you (comfortably) can so that your front leg bends at the knee, and you raise your arms in a "YEAH, I ROCK" pose.

"Are you doing it?" she called from the shower.  OK, fine.  I did the pose and put my arms in the air, although I have to admit not pulling off the not caring part, and held the pose as long as I could, thinking FUUUUUUUCKKK YEAHHHHHH as hard as I could in my head.  My arm muscles started to sing, and I could definitely feel the stretch in both legs.  I stood up.

I dialed into the meeting, and was confident, calm and collected.  Which was really beneficial, as it turns out I haven't lost my job, but management above me has gone through a shakeup, and now I report to someone else.  In fact, it was my new boss that broke the news to me, so I was really happy that I'd taken the time to collect myself, and present myself accordingly.

I guess there's something to Julia's yoga after all, heh.  :)

14 comments:

  1. Lol, I can't believe you posted this little tidbit, but I am glad t ohehar you did do the pose. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha just keepin' it real :drop_mic:

      Delete
  2. Way to go Julia! You should always trust your wife. What a relief that everything was good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thanks Blondie!

      Delete
    2. Yep trusting Julia is the smartest thing I do every day. :-D

      Delete
  3. Great pose - glad to know you've still got the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh. Yeah I just connected with half the ppl that work there, so no one will be surprised when I leave haha.

      Delete
  5. We've weathered many of those scary phone calls over the years too. So glad it turned out to be good.
    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cali Mom - they are NOT fun, are they? Ugh. Thank you. ;)

      Delete
  6. Glad everything worked out well DH, great that Julia was able to help and good on you for being cool and confident.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thanks! Yeah, she really did help, Julia is amazing. :)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!