Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Secrets



“Oh my God, now I need something,” Julia said.  It was about 3:00 am this morning.  We had gone to bed together (finally!) and enjoyed an intense (but brief) interlude, and we had fallen asleep without even turning the TV back on.  Before we did, I offered to find her one of my shirts on the floor to put between her legs to catch the inevitable.  “Nah I’m good,” she said, as she lay her head on my chest and we drifted off to sleep.

But after we’d been woken up by our crazy cat, she realized she wanted a shirt after all.  That’s my cue to dive my upper body over the side of our mattress and scrounge around on the floor with my legs still in bed, hoping to get lucky.  I found something she could use, and went back to sleep with what was probably an idiot grin of satisfaction on my face.

Earlier in our marriage, we used condoms for birth control.  We both hate condoms.  Nothing kills the moment faster for us than saying, “Wait!  Let me just slip this on…”, heh.  And as our regular readers are probably aware, creampies factor into our sex lives on a regular basis.  Our sex became much more spontaneous when we were free of the Trojan Man in our bedroom, and much more enjoyable.

At the end of 2008, as the Recession took grip and millions of us were losing our jobs, I joined scores of other men across the country, and made a permanent choice that has affected our lives in ways we couldn’t have anticipated.  There have been benefits, for sure, but also some surprising drawbacks, which are just coming to light now.  Looking back now, it seems incredible to me that these 2 events - my termination after 18 years of service to a company I was in love with, and my own Life Altering Event - happened within one day of each other.  


What was the Life Altering Event, you ask?  And, if you have guessed what it is, do we have any regrets?  I’ll attempt to answer both questions….  in the next post.  :-D

3 comments:

  1. Hi DH, I think I can guess :) I'm curious about the drawbacks and whether you have any regrets.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz - yep, you guessed it! (I think. ;) ). As a spoiler I would say the drawbacks were almost entirely emotional - guys can joke about becoming a "gelding" but looking back, I realized that not having my little soldiers to deploy had a direct affect on my confidence.

      Delete
  2. One such life altering event will keep the Trojan Man away! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!