Friday, June 19, 2015

Picture Friday - Cover Shoot!

Hi, DH here!  I'm taking over Julia's picture Friday (she's pretty busy with her Mom here) with some pictures of my cover shoot for my new Kindle ebook release this Sunday.  This is the first time I've done something like this with myself as a model, so I'm excited (and nervous) to share these with you.

First, I have this image of what I imagined the cover could look like.  I might try to use this somewhere, but I don't think the "engraving" effect looks very good on the paddle.  I might have to break down and learn Gimp someday, ha ha.  Pixlr.com isn't cutting it for me.


My second idea was to feature "Dan" on the cover, in some kind of dominant pose.  The last book features a belt spanking, so I asked Julia to shoot some pictures of me wearing a belt.  For business reasons, Dan frequently comes to the office in a suit.



We were shooting these pictures in our new office/family room that my son moved out of at the beginning of the year.  Julia's Mom was in the kitchen while we were sneaking around like teenagers, hiding the paddle and trying not to let her see me in clothes I don't usually wear.  ;)

Well, Dan wouldn't just stand there with his belt on.


Julia got a really great shot of me from behind that I think will work well.  Maybe I can use the paddle image above if its small enough?  Not sure if I like that either.


But here it is.


So now with the magic of digital pixel dorking, I will create a cover!  Ironically, my [actual] name is in several versions of Photoshop, but I don't have any copies of it left (at least that work on modern computers lol). Crazy.  Thank you Sweety for taking the pictures and helping me get this done.  :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!






8 comments:

  1. ooh, those are awesome photos!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome pics DH, lovr them! Thank you for sharing these with us. Hope you are all having a wonderful time with Julia's Mom.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! Yesterday we all went to see our older daughter dance in her huge ballet production, so awesome! Oma is having a great time.

      Delete
  3. Great pictures! I think you guys did a great job! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle! Thank you! Julia is so good with a camera, heh. :)

      Delete
  4. I like those pics...and I love the last one of you from behind with the paddle. Use that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, thank you! Yep, we've decided that we'll use that one, and I've created the cover. I'll post it here tomorrow! :)

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!