Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Have you ever?

I just saw this fun little Have you ever game over on Ami's Blog...I always love these, so fun to read just how everybody is different, has different experiences and memories.
1. Stood on top of a very high mountain or cliff, looking down at countryside, or out to sea? Yes, but not as often as I would like to.


2.  Lay on your back on a hot summer's night, listening to the crickets chirping, and watching the satellites as they chase each other across the heavens? Kind of, yes, but where we live that also means you are going to be eaten alive my mosquitoes within minutes. But DH and I love to go out in the dark and look around.

3.  Skinny-dipped at midnight? I wish! But where? Its too packed and urban where we live! We need a pool DH!

4.  Intentionally or inadvertently swum with sharks?
Maybe not quite literally...


5.  Broken a bone in your body? No, never. Although maybe my back counts? I guess it does....

6.  Driven a car at speeds in excess of 120 mph? (yes, I know it's illegal, but the motorway was very quiet at the time)
I grew up in Germany and learned how to drive there. You know, Autobahn? Its required to drive fast during practice to, you know, get practice!


7.  Played "Pooh Sticks"?
Yes, always love to do that!

 8.  Run in a "Pancake" race?
I don't even know what that is! Although I do like pancakes!

9.  Had your eyelashes dyed?
Never.






10.  Ridden a horse naked?
I have ridden a lot of horses in my life, but never naked. The scratching of the horse hair, I can't imagine. We never even did it with only shorts on, cause scratchy as hell.  :D



11.  Punted down the River Cam? (or any other river)
Nope.

12.  Played tennis in a short white tennis skirt whilst wearing minimal knickers?
Nope, although I can imagine DH's face noticing a bottom peeking out like the woman in the picture. Priceless.


13.  Helped an inebriated husband up the stairs at 2 in the morning? I don't talk about it often anymore, but when I met DH, he was an alcoholic, and kept on drinking for the first two years in our marriage. Often way too much. So yeah, I have helped him up stairs, picked him off floors, and had him snoring all night next to me.
At this point though, its been a long time in which he hasn't had a drink. In fact, he is coming up on a big mile stone. Ten years of no drinking. And I am happy to tell you, those bad memories do move into the back of your mind after a while.

14.  Been too scared to get out of a swimming pool whilst on holiday, due to a very large Doberman sitting on the edge watching you? (no-one was around at the time)
Having grown up with tons of dogs around, no I know how to handle myself with any type of dog lol, and that would (hopefully) never happen to me!



15  Sat in a deckchair snoozing happily whilst the sound of leather on willow echoes distantly in your ears?
No?

16.  Taken a ride on the Maid of the Mist under the Niagara Falls? Nope, I haven't been to the Niagara Falls yet.
17.  Climbed up something - rockface, climbing wall, rope in a sports hall, long ladder, tree - and been too scared witless to climb back down?
Quite honestly, that is the reason I don't climb up in the first place. :D


18.  Been too liberal with the "Eau de Cologne" which then ran down where it shouldn't, which in turn caused you to hop madly around and rip your knickers off and throw them as far from you as you could?
 No, never had that problem. However, my Dad used this, so I always think of him when I smell or even just see it.


19  Made snow angels?

No. Brr.

20. Lost a shoe in a ploughed field on a moonlight walk home after a party?
Basically. Well it was before my partying days, but yes.

21.  Shrieked loudly, due to being spanked hard, and frightened away a visitor/s who turned and ran back down your drive - and now you never will know who was about to knock on your door. And you are desperately hoping they will never ask...
Hehe, no, not yet. Although I have wondered if neighbors can hear us sometimes. Especially in the summer, with everybody working in their yards, and our windows wide open, the sound of a spanking traveling through the neighborhood....

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, great answers. Driving in Hamburg sucks, but when you go north there are Autobahn routes which are almost deserted. Just right for fast driving, which is awesome.:) I mean, I don't do that anymore, kind of, but still love being in fast cars. Hope all is well and you and DH have lots of fun.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your answers Julia. I have dyed my eyelashes once. Driving on the autobahn sounds awesome :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers Julie. Wonderful news about DH being 10 years sober.

    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reading all the answers!
    Congrats what a great milestone....tell DH that is wonderful. Ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers - I am so glad you enjoyed doing this post, I certainly enjoyed reading it. German autobahns - brilliant places! Congrats to DH - my son in law cannot drink for the same reasons, and it is so hard for him sometimes when people around him are drinking. It is so good to hear a success story.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sports betting system earn +$3,624 profit last week...

    Z-Code System winning bets and forecasts for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!