Saturday, January 16, 2016

Making up for a bad Party Experience

Last night, DH had his holiday party from work. Not sure why they did it after the actual holidays, but either way, we were determined we wanted to go. I arranged a sleepover with the neighbors, went shopping with my friend to find something to wear over my dress, and was generally excited. Sounds familiar? Maybe you remember reading this post....

Two days ago, our youngest got sick. Fever. When she had to stay home another day, I just figured we were not meant to go to a party together. Ever.  :) And I was okay with it. These are the choices you make when you decide to have children, to take care of them, be there for them. Hearing her say, 'thank you for taking care of me' in her little voice is all the thanks I need. Melted my heart.

But low and behold, she got better and wanted to do the sleepover. Plans were back on, and this time everything just worked out! I didn't even have to put on a dress since DH informed me that it was more casual. Jeans it is! No problem with that and still got to wear sexy underwear and the new cardigan and boots.

We even found the place! (Again, read here...)

It was so fun! Seeing DH is his natural work habitat with the friends he has made over the last year was really great. And then the place started clearing out after just 8 pm and we were some of the last to stay behind. That has never happened to me, lol, I am always the one ready to go first.

We got home, enjoyed the rest of our evening for a while and just about ready to start some kind of
hanky panky when the doorbell rang, and our youngest stood there with the neighbor, ready for her own bed after all. 

So, no spanking, but lots of fun and enjoying each other in the most positive of ways. Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice work [arty for DH and you Julia. Pity you didn't get to have more fun later in the night. Always next time. Hope your little one is better.
    Hugs LIndy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindy, she is feeling better now, and we were already able to reciprocate the sleepover.

      Julia

      Delete
  2. So glad you were able to enjoy the party. Having to wait for your own party is, as you say, part of parenting You'll make it happen, you always do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunnygirl. I really do see it as part of parenting and a worthwhile sacrifice. Still happy we got to go though. :D
      Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Hi Julia, I'm so glad you were able to go after all and that you had such a great time. Sounds like a wonderful night :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. It was fun, if not a bit short. :D

      Delete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!