Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Life in the first Trimester

Hello blogland,

and thank you very much for all the well wishes! We both truly appreciate them! We haven't told a lot of people in real life yet, but are starting too. I am now at 11 weeks, nausea, which happened mid-afternoon and then moved toward evening has disappeared and last night I actually slept most of the night. (BIG Accomplishment)
We have finally told our children, who reacted exactly as I thought they would - the older, almost eleven year old almost started crying she was so excited to have a baby to take care of, and the eight year old congratulated us, and has been touching my tummy every time she sees me. So sweet!

We have also told DH's parents finally, who I think responded better than I had expected. So since that is off our minds now, and I am almost at 12 weeks, we are starting to relax a little.

Big sigh of relief, lol.

No spankings though. Not much sex either.  :) If DH would ever catch me awake, we might have a chance, but I have been so tired, and then up in the middle of the night not being able to go back to sleep. But the biggest difference to me this pregnancy so far is, that I am not worried about DH and I. I am not worried he feels like I put him aside. We know each other better, he is more confident in my love for him, and I in his. It is really lovely, I have to admit.

And yesterday marked my first day without a nap! wohoo. So hopefully that will mean a more active second trimester. Here's to hoping!

Have I missed anything here in blogland while I was sleeping?

12 comments:

  1. Aww, sweet post Baby! I really do feel so close to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah....smiling for all of you. Napping now might not be a bad idea....glad all is going well...that is going to be one lucky litlle babe...lots of love..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what DH said and his Dad too, this baby is going to be so loved! And I agree. :)

      Delete
  3. AWWW very sweet post Julia. Put as much sleep in the bank whilst you can, won't be much happening later on in your pregnancy and once baby is here. How fantastic that TTWD has brought you closer together at a time like this.
    Hope your morning sickness subsides soon and you're a ball of energy in your second trimester.

    Good luck!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy, I have been trying to just enjoy sleeping, cause I know what is coming. But it looks like I may be getting some energy back, finally. Two days in a row now with no nap. Wohoo! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh Julia, I am so happy for you all,
    hope you keep well
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some off-the-wall reason an incident from several years ago just sprang to mind. A friend told her then about 5 or so year-old son that she was going to have another boy. For the sake of this story, let's call him "Ralph." Ralph almost immediately started telling people that they would be naming him "Ralph, the Sequel." Gotta love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, happy Easter (sorry that I am t h a t late here), hope you are doing fine and baby is growing nicely. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!