Thursday, March 31, 2016

Out to Pasture

Hi, DH here!  In Julia's tradition of a Friday (OK, Thursday) picture post, I am posting some hot manly man images to accompany my post today.  I have to admit I've been working out a bit lately, late at night, in my man shed.  I love doing pushups, and can now do more than 50, which isn't bad for being 51!


Sometimes it seems like vanity, but on the other hand, I want to stay in shape.  Julia is 20 years younger than me, so getting old isn't an option.  Working out helps me feel young, in addition to looking young. 



But since we've gotten pregnant, there hasn't been very much of this:


Or this:


To some extent, I know it's me.  I told Julia that I feel like I've been put out to pasture, like a STUD, meaning no sex anymore.  Somehow, in the conversation, I made a goat sound instead of whinnying like a horse.  Now she refers to me as the old goat in the pasture ;)

©  | Dreamstime Stock Photos

Yesterday, we saw her Dr. and we heard the heartbeat!  140 beats per minute, pumping away.  She's been worrying that there's no baby in there, so that was quite a relief.  Next visit we'll get the "official" ultrasound.


So I will keep working out, and trying to tempt her with my goat-like prowess, although my balance is horrible and I hate the taste of aluminum cans.  Having a love-life while pregnant is a beautiful, but different experience, heh.  And I'm still working on my next "big" blog post, although I'd better hurry up and get it out there, before it's too late: Should I spank my wife when she's pregnant?

Happy Thursday Friday!  

16 comments:

  1. Hi DH, nice pics, things have been slow round here too on all fronts so they cheered me up! No idea on the spanking while pregnant thing. We took up this malarkey far too late for it to be an issue with us. I am guessing not though, waited a long time for this baby....
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, yes we did wait a long time! I felt a kick for the first time a couple of days ago, so cool! Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi DH, I have been awol from blogland for some time and just now getting to visit some blogs again so I missed the good news. Congratulations to you both! That is such awesome news, I'm thrilled for you both :)

    Thank you for sharing the lovely pics :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Thank you! She is so beautiful when she's pregnant. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Roz, hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Hi DH, Wow my hubby couldn't keep his hands off me whilst I was pregnant but I guess everyone is different. As for spanking her whilst pregnant I don't think it would be advisable. Better not to risk any damage seeing you have been waiting for this baby for a long time.

    Hope Julia is over her morning sickness now and feeling more energetic.
    Are you writing any more books DH?

    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lindy,
      Yeah my DH is the exact opposite. I always take on the role of holy mother it feels like, and he loves me plenty, just turns away sexually. Mostly, not all the way.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lindy - yeah I don't know why I'm like that lol. Yes, I'm working on the third book in the Red Bottoms Espresso series - 25K words done. Hopefully I'll release it this month. :)

      Delete
  4. A happy update....and thanks for the pics...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, lol, I can't believe you even put a pic of a goat in there. Too funny.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/67/39/9e/67399ef6062d8d54309b5163d2b282d5.jpg

    I just can't say anything about an old goat yelling better than that video does.

    Love to Both of You,
    rednakedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rednakedy! I think you pasted the wrong link, but I loled at "old goat yelling" ha ha!

      Delete
    2. Oh crap. That begins to make sense of some questions I got when I sent a friend a "link that reminds me of your sister-in-law." Looks like I got some 'splainin' to do...

      Here is the right one. I hope.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the eye candy. It's always appreciated, especially since hormones have this pregnant lady all worked up.

    As far as spanking while pregnant, as long as there are no complications, I think it's up to what you guys are comfortable with. We've tried for a long time to conceive this baby so we were hesitant at first, but after doing some research, we decided to continue spanking. We did make some adjustments. Instead of going over his lap, I now bend over the edge of the bed. My pain tolerance is a bit lower so he doesn't swat as hard. If he feels the need to make a point, he just goes a little longer with the spanking. Honestly, I'm glad we didn't stop spanking when I got pregnant. It keeps me on an even keel so the hormones don't get out of hand.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and would love to hear from you!